Seido Surface or Otterbox Defender?

SCSportsman

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any idea on how the dimensions of the two cases compare? I am looking for a case with the holster that can be turned sideways on the belt.

Also, do any of the cases work with an induction charger? It would be nice to be able to lay it on a pad at the office and save the wear and tear on the usb port.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Any idea on how the dimensions of the two cases compare? I am looking for a case with the holster that can be turned sideways on the belt.

Also, do any of the cases work with an induction charger? It would be nice to be able to lay it on a pad at the office and save the wear and tear on the usb port.

Im testing the surface case right now. I own the Otter case and I don't like it its quite bulky. The surface case is very slim and so far looks to be of high quality. None of them will fit the larger inductive charging door because its thicker.

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I started out with the Seido case and looked at a few others. I've decided to avoid using a case with my Charge. The reason is primarily that the Charge, without a case, is pretty darned big. The added bulk of even a very thin case makes it too large. Plus, due to the fact that the Charge tapers from a fat end to a less fat end, the cases tend to emphasize the tapering effect and make it even more bulky than if it were flat.

I know, it is riskier -- but these phones are pretty durable. By the time I break it I'll want a new one...and if not I'm insured in the meantime.

YMMV, of course.

turkishcoffee

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Otterbox Defender case with holster for my Charge. I really like it. If you want real protection for your Charge, the OD case will give it. From what I've seen in ads for the Seido Surface case it is not worth the money.

Droid.Guy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The Otter Box defender is what I have on my charge, so far I've dropped it twice. May be kind of bulky but I got large hands so no problem for me. I feel I could run this sucker over with my car and it would be just fine. I recommended it.

Smittynsc

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the Kraken II from trident case and this thing is awesome. It is a multi layer case with or w/o the holster this case works great. Doesn't have rubberized outside making it cling to my pockets/money. They have multiple cases offering different levels of protection....oh yeah the case has a built in kickstand unlike the ob which has the kickstand built into the holster.

Sent by my Droid Charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2