Hello,

I've had my Charge for a month now and am completely satisfied. I love this unrooted Froyo running marvel. BTW, did I mention this is my first Smartphone? I don't know why I waited but these gadgets are incredible.

Anyway, I now use my charge as my GPS navigator and I also use the Internet radio extensively. I have the phone hooked up direct to the AUX input of my car stereo and have the charger connected to the USB. I have the device mounted on a carmount.

I have to constantly press the on screen button on the top right of the Charge every 10 minutes. How can I set the phone to keep the display on indefinitely.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Carl
    07-30-2011 07:47 PM
    I thought there was a setting under display to keep the screen on when powered by that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you are using it often in your car, I'd recommend the car dock. It will solve your screen on desires, keeps it in a good location for GPS use, and makes connecting to audio and power in the car a breeze.

Steve in CT

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-30-2011 08:09 PM
    Keepscreen app. in the market lets you pick what keeps your screen from timing out.
    07-30-2011 08:55 PM
    I've been using Screebl for the same thing.
    07-31-2011 12:02 AM
    I thought there was a setting under display to keep the screen on when powered by that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you are using it often in your car, I'd recommend the car dock. It will solve your screen on desires, keeps it in a good location for GPS use, and makes connecting to audio and power in the car a breeze.

Steve in CT

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    I tried the Display setting but there is no "stay awake" mode. the most is 10 minutes. Can you tell me which model cardock you mentioned?

Desertdog and Downwind,

I found an app "StayAwake" that works perfectly. It gives me 2 choices: a. Keep awake always, b. Keep awake when usb is plugged in.
    This suits my needs.

thanks

Carl
    07-31-2011 01:45 AM
    I tried the Display setting but there is no "stay awake" mode. the most is 10 minutes. Can you tell me which model cardock you mentioned?

Desertdog and Downwind,

I found an app "StayAwake" that works perfectly. It gives me 2 choices: a. Keep awake always, b. Keep awake when usb is plugged in.
    This suits my needs.

thanks

Carl
    Try the caffeine app on the market, it is free and works great. You can set it to stay on whenever you want.
    07-31-2011 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD