Qusetion about contacts (History, Activities, Media)

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason that when you slect a contact and choose any of the options History, Activities or Media.... nothing ever shows up under those menus?

I thought it was supposed to sync with your SMS and facebook and show recent messages, status updates, pictures, etc.? And I do have my contacts synced with Facebook.

is this a breoken feature when running a custom ROM? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks for any info!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This is strange.it only works for some of my contacts. Both of which are synced with FB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hmmm...I am on the phone with support ( on hold actually) and I had a thought. I wonder if it works if you only save the contacts to the phone....

first thing he had me do was resync and then do a battery pull. I didnt have the heart to tell him I just did it so I am waiting on him to call back

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hmmm...I am on the phone with support ( on hold actually) and I had a thought. I wonder if it works if you only save the contacts to the phone....

first thing he had me do was resync and then do a battery pull. I didnt have the heart to tell him I just did it so I am waiting on him to call back

Ha... nice. Let me know what you find out. All my contacts are synced to google, perhaps you have something here... keep us posted

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
None of my contacts are in my phone. All are synced via Google with some of them linked to Facebook. The history etc show up on some but not on others. For example I don't get the history on my wife's contact, but I do see it on many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dchavez

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i believe it depends on the rom you are running. stock came with the option of integrating social networks and could use their widget to populate status updates. currently i'm using eclipse 1.3.1 and i have this option and my history tab is populated but before i was using humble and i could not do this. i guess when the developer takes out the samsung social network integration the history portion is affected as well. just all speculation on my part.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i believe it depends on the rom you are running. stock came with the option of integrating social networks and could use their widget to populate status updates. currently i'm using eclipse 1.3.1 and i have this option and my history tab is populated but before i was using humble and i could not do this. i guess when the developer takes out the samsung social network integration the history portion is affected as well. just all speculation on my part.

The options are there... they just do not have any info under the tabs

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am running stock, unrooted, and don't have anything showing up in those fields, even in facebook contacts synced.

I do have GO launcher and contacts installed, could that be blocking it?

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem, but with the google's navigation app. I changed over from a Fascinate to the Charge. On my Fascinate, while using Google's navigation app, if I wanted to navigate to an address in my contacts list, I selected "contacts", chose the contact and used that address. On the Charge when I select "contacts" in the navigation app, it says that I do not have any addresses in my contacts list. I have several contacts with addresses listed in the contact's info. All of my contacts are on my phone and not linked to my Google account. I had the exact same set up with my Fascinate (contacts only on my phone/not Google) and selecting addresses from my contacts in the navigation app worked without a problem. Is there a way to get Google's navigation app to see the contacts stored on my phone?
Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Insane Toad

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You have to add the accounts through the phone accounts and sync for it to show under activities under the contacts. If you are just using the official app...... you will not get any info under the activities tab.

As a note...... running both the official twitter app and the twitter phone sync from the accounts and sync together, will cause your phone to have issues playing mp3s.

Edit: Just go to accounts and sync settings > add account > facebook > sign into your account for it to sync

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem, but with the google's navigation app. I changed over from a Fascinate to the Charge. On my Fascinate, while using Google's navigation app, if I wanted to navigate to an address in my contacts list, I selected "contacts", chose the contact and used that address. On the Charge when I select "contacts" in the navigation app, it says that I do not have any addresses in my contacts list. I have several contacts with addresses listed in the contact's info. All of my contacts are on my phone and not linked to my Google account. I had the exact same set up with my Fascinate (contacts only on my phone/not Google) and selecting addresses from my contacts in the navigation app worked without a problem. Is there a way to get Google's navigation app to see the contacts stored on my phone?
Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Yes I am seeing this too. I use the native contacts app. I can click on the address in the contact, which will open Google maps, then hit the menu key, directions, then the blue Nav icon to open Google navigation. Much more complicated than it should be, but it works.

I have FB linked and Google contacts linked to my phone with sync active. I even went through and joined all of my duplicate contacts. The history still does not work.

It is frustrating to see what seems to be a cool feature and not have it work!

Reactions: Brandermill533

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech