so i have a fascinate that suffers the not recieving calls issue which in turn causes wife aggro so im thinking of switching to the charge. what are the pros/cons of the phone? is it as easy to flash custom roms as the facinate is b/c i dont plan on running stock bloated software. also what is the popular custom rom for the charge?

thanks
    08-02-2011 07:49 PM
    I'm not sure how easy it is to flash the fassy but its super easy to flash the Charge. I'm running gummycharged ROM and its awesome. I also have PBJT kernal with lagfix and the phone is super quick.
    08-02-2011 08:23 PM
    As the above user noted, flashing is really easy. This is my first android phone, and I was able to fully root/rom my phone in about an hour total time.

Here are some pros/cons that I've personally experienced with the phone...

Pros:
    ~Beautiful screen with vibrant colors (some may say it's over saturated, but I like it)
    ~Great battery life compared to your other 4g LTE options
    ~Physical buttons = no accidentally closing out of apps
    ~Camera quality exceeds many other 8 MP phone cameras
    ~Solid 4g LTE for me personally; some people have experienced connection issues
    ~Good signal compared to some other phones (such as my dad's Dinc 2)

Cons:
    ~Single core phone
    ~512 mb RAM, with only 328 usable (and you only get to actually use ~150 mb of that for apps)
    ~Touchwiz can be laggy
    ~Slow response times for camera/video capture
    ~Plastic build = light, "flimsy"
    ~High price tag if purchased from Verizon stores

Personally, I love the phone. 4g is blazing fast, and I have not experienced the connection issues that others have, other than the 3g dropping (very rare) while in 3g-only mode. Overall, I'm glad I bought the phone
    08-02-2011 08:38 PM
    [QUOTE=brocklee137;1152916]As the above user noted, flashing is really easy. This is my first android phone, and I was able to fully root/rom my phone in about an hour total time.

Here are some pros/cons that I've personally experienced with the phone...

Pros:
    ~Beautiful screen with vibrant colors (some may say it's over saturated, but I like it)
    ~Great battery life compared to your other 4g LTE options
    ~Physical buttons = no accidentally closing out of apps
    ~Camera quality exceeds many other 8 MP phone cameras
    ~Solid 4g LTE for me personally; some people have experienced connection issues
    ~Good signal compared to some other phones (such as my dad's Dinc 2)

Cons:
    ~Single core phone
    ~512 mb RAM, with only 328 usable (and you only get to actually use ~150 mb of that for apps)
    ~Touchwiz can be laggy
    ~Slow response times for camera/video capture
    ~Plastic build = light, "flimsy"
    ~High price tag if purchased from Verizon stores QUOTE]

As for myself the droid charge is harder to rom, theme, and whatever you decide to do,,on the fassy you press volume down and off/on switch.
    on charge its the volume up, home, then power button.. release power button, while holding volume up and home button. man i have a large hand and its hard for me to do a one handed path to CWM.
    when i was rooted i had a hard time getting back to stock as the original or perhaps the downloaded file was screwed up. so i was 8 hard hrs doing stuff repeatedly untill i re-downloaded the ed2 file.
    the charge though is the best i've owned ..i owned 1 fassy .. then _itched till Verizon offered me a choice DroidX2 then i declined it , i did not want a snapdragon processor ,,dual or not,,, personally the hummingbird is fast 2 to 1.. hurry cause Verizon is close to having the reworked towers ready.
    final sell was that the Droid Charge has a built in antenna and the fassy has none, thus a better signal, i am well satisfied..
    08-02-2011 11:29 PM
    IF you jump into the charge as your first phone, I can see where it is easy to root compared to some of the other phones out there. It really is easy, but coming from the Fascinate it is different which is the key. You almost need to forget some of the things that you learned with the fassy and start over. Thge three finger salute that Papa mentioned is one of them.

It is all about practice. I flashed darn near everything for the Fascinate. I almost was a pro amateur (I would never put myself in the pro ranks such as Sharky, DroidX and Gunner) but I knew what I was doing. THe first time I flashed the Charge it took me some time to get the procedure down right and more than one soft brick that my G+ account can attest to.

It is all about reading all over again about the quirks of your new phone. When you do get it right though, the damn thing is awesome. I know it has been called Fassy 1.5 or something like that, but it is that and more....
    08-02-2011 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD