I'm thinking I probably messed up the configuration of my gMail and am wondering if there's a simple fix, or whether it is even worth fixing. Here's what's going on:

I have 3 email accounts set up. gmail, yahoo and an exchange hosted account. I use the built-in email function for all three (the icon for this is a white envelope with a green @ symbol on it). It works and I like it.

Unfortunately I get gMail notifications for both the native gmail-only app and the @email app. If I read one it doesn't clear the notice in the other. So, it is sort of annoying to get both. I'd be happy with either just the native gmail-only-app or just the main email app. But not both. I'm also worried about battery drain because it appears both poll/check for new email.

I'm sure I'm missing something -- is there a way to turn this off in one?

Thank you.
    08-02-2011 08:11 PM
    I'm thinking I probably messed up the configuration of my gMail and am wondering if there's a simple fix, or whether it is even worth fixing. Here's what's going on:

I have 3 email accounts set up. gmail, yahoo and an exchange hosted account. I use the built-in email function for all three (the icon for this is a white envelope with a green @ symbol on it). It works and I like it.

Unfortunately I get gMail notifications for both the native gmail-only app and the @email app. If I read one it doesn't clear the notice in the other. So, it is sort of annoying to get both. I'd be happy with either just the native gmail-only-app or just the main email app. But not both. I'm also worried about battery drain because it appears both poll/check for new email.

I'm sure I'm missing something -- is there a way to turn this off in one?

Thank you.
    I get both gmail and native (k9mail) mail notifications. Not sure why that would be a problem - polling both email accounts doesn't seem to be a big power drain. I'd rather get two notices of an email than none, and since migrating to Android I'm a fan of the belt-and-suspenders approach.
    08-02-2011 09:04 PM
    Open the native email app, press the Menu hard button (leftmost of the four), click Accounts, and then press and hold the email account you want to remove to bring up the menu to remove it.
    sv_one and rosalesj#AC like this.
    08-02-2011 10:20 PM
    Open the native email app, press the Menu hard button (leftmost of the four), click Accounts, and then press and hold the email account you want to remove to bring up the menu to remove it.
    Thanks. Worked fine.
    08-02-2011 10:36 PM
    either that is one solution or you could just turn off the notifications in whichever app.I have them turned off in my gmail app and on for my k-9 app
    sv_one and ghostryder12 like this.
    08-02-2011 10:38 PM
    Awesome, I was having the same thing Thanks.
    09-21-2011 04:18 PM
    either that is one solution or you could just turn off the notifications in whichever app.I have them turned off in my gmail app and on for my k-9 app
    Thank you, while geochemical's suggestion did not work on my Inspire, I was able to turn off the notifications on the native email function.
    01-18-2012 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD