Skype update

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was happy to see that Skype has an update available and the Droid Charge is on the list of devices that supports video calling on Froyo. However, after downloading the update, it appears the front facing camera does not work. How frustrating! Can anyone else confirm this?

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't this only work on gingerbread? Ihave got no update for the charge. What gives? Is there an update coming soon or did I just miss one?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Read the update notes before you freak out please. The FFC not working on froyo is a problem with froyo not with the app, you need to be on gingerbread in order to have the FFC work. That is all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

noobsickle

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Read the update notes before you freak out please. The FFC not working on froyo is a problem with froyo not with the app, you need to be on gingerbread in order to have the FFC work. That is all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

oovoo works on Froyo.

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get Skype working on my DC as detailed HERE. Still a little buggy but I was able to get both front and back cameras working.

Thank you Droidrx!

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get Skype working on my DC as detailed HERE. Still a little buggy but I was able to get both front and back cameras working.

Thank you Droidrx!

That worked for me as well (the link above links to a post that has a link that has the modded Skype program). One note that may be relevant only to my personal experience - for video calls my front camera didn't work at first, but after I restarted the app both cameras worked fine.

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That worked for me as well (the link above links to a post that has a link that has the modded Skype program). One note that may be relevant only to my personal experience - for video calls my front camera didn't work at first, but after I restarted the app both cameras worked fine.

New update from Droidrx HERE...much more stable version...used both FFC and Back camera on a call that lasted about 45 minutes. Later last night spend another hour on a call without any problems.

Only issue I have ATM is that when I am signed in, my signal will occasionally drop and then Skype will sign back in with the Skype slurping sound.

Pretty much a working solution for me until an "official" version is released OR we get an official GB ROM!

Bluebasil

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I think I messed it up. I extracted the apk and put it on my sd card. When I run it thee install fails ' out of space'. I get the same message now if I try to install skype from the market. I have 894mb of phone storage available.

Foo2U2001

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow just installed this on my Charge after some tweaks it works great.

Finally I get some use out of the rear facing camera.

Thanks for the info!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad