The last two days I've had an issue pop up that I don't see a topic for. I have been on the phone and all of a sudden my signal is gone. The call is disconnected and the 3g/4g icon shows no signal. I am in a great 4g area (30mbps at times) and after about 30 second the signal returns.

Is this a known issues on Samsung devices, or not common? I'm just surprised because up till now the device has been amazing.

Any help/hints appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2011 02:10 PM
    I have that happen as well. While I don't get your speeds, I do have pretty consistent 4g service.
    08-04-2011 02:29 PM
    Happens to me every now and then too. Haven't had it affect me adversely though.
    08-04-2011 03:29 PM
    This problem is getting old fast. It caused me to drop three calls today. If nothing else, I need this to be a reliable phone.

08-04-2011 07:32 PM
    Seen it happen too.
    08-04-2011 10:18 PM
    The last two days I've had an issue pop up that I don't see a topic for. I have been on the phone and all of a sudden my signal is gone. The call is disconnected and the 3g/4g icon shows no signal. I am in a great 4g area (30mbps at times) and after about 30 second the signal returns.

Is this a known issues on Samsung devices, or not common? I'm just surprised because up till now the device has been amazing.

Any help/hints appreciated.

I was having the same issue for about 2 weeks. I called tech support twice becuase I was losing signal in areas I have never lost on my regular 3g phones. I would lose data and cell signal for up to an hour at a time, and would not come back after many resets. Tech. support finally got sick of me calling them and they sent me a replacement. I still have the issue from time to time. But overall my connection is 100% better since I got me replacement phone. If the problem continues just call tech support and start complaining and if they do not resolve the issue they will send you a replacement so far that worked for me.
    08-05-2011 08:59 AM
    I just posted in another thread I was having the same issue and they eventually sent me a replacement as well. Have only had the replacement for a few days, but if I have problems I'll be calling Verizon then posting here.

Funny thing is, on my "bad, old" Charge, I called my voicemail and my data magically restored. Not sure if this was just a coincidence, but I'd tried everything up to a factory reset and like 10 restarts over the course of 3-4 hours. Stupid that you can't call *228, but I wonder if calling voicemail did the trick?
    08-08-2011 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD