My wife has this phone and doesn't get the greatest battery life. I read about juice defender helping with the battery. I did some research and have read about some people complaining that it doesn't work with the Charge properly. Such as interfering with the mobile data, having to reboot,.... Does anyone have any experience with the Charge and juice defender? Are the makers of Juice Defender aware of the issues with their program and the Charge? If juice defender is not recommended are there any other similar programs that work properly with the Charge?
    08-06-2011 08:41 AM
    My wife has this phone and doesn't get the greatest battery life. I read about juice defender helping with the battery. I did some research and have read about some people complaining that it doesn't work with the Charge properly. Such as interfering with the mobile data, having to reboot,.... Does anyone have any experience with the Charge and juice defender? Are the makers of Juice Defender aware of the issues with their program and the Charge? If juice defender is not recommended are there any other similar programs that work properly with the Charge?
    i deleted my copy didnt work and kept shutting off my data. we just gonna have to learn to live with poor battery for now. i still have one week before i have to decide if i wanna keep the phone or return it and pay the restocking fee. the lack of RAM and poor battery are pushing me to wait for the bionic and see what that phone brings to the table.
    08-06-2011 09:11 AM
    I just downloaded and ran jd 2 days ago. I will admit it helped with the battery life..... But yes. I had to reboot my phone 5 times yesterday to get my data connection back. Needless to say it has been uninstalled now.
    08-06-2011 09:52 AM
    Don't waste your time, it sucks!
    08-06-2011 12:29 PM
    My daughter has the Charge and she had to remove Juice Defender.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    08-06-2011 06:53 PM
    Yes i tried it for a week and as others said i had to do constant reboots to get data working again. I must recommend Advance Task Killer, it has helped my battery life on this phone more than anything else i have tried. Along with setting background data off i have almost doubled my battery life. I was going from an average of 8hrs of light use to almost 16hrs. I have auto kill setting set to the highest setting.
    08-07-2011 06:51 PM
    So under settings/accounts, you have background data unchecked? As I understand this, even with this unchecked, certain apps can still sync in the background right? This is configurable in the app settings?
    08-07-2011 10:26 PM
    Juice Defender is useless on the charge and creates more problems than it helps. To improve your battery life by managing your data connecton, just use the pull down menu. Just click on/off Mobile Data. You can still receive calls and texts, and if you want to use the internet or anything else just click it back on.
    08-08-2011 09:08 AM
    All Juice Defender does is turn of your data when your screen is off.... obviously you are going to save battery. But, as stated above... you can do the same on your own by turning off mobile data if you aren;t using it.

Obviously, one of the main reasons we all have a smart phone is for data use... email, social networks, etc... and without having data on, those functions are useless
    08-08-2011 09:17 AM
    Juice can allow certain apps to be able to come through though - like K9 or Touchdown. If data is off, you don't get these right.
    08-08-2011 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD