I was given the "3 phone option" on Friday and chose the Charge. To those of you that did the same, are you happy with your choice? Why or why not?

Thanks for taking the time to answer and thanks to everyone at AC that posted about the possibility to get this done.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-06-2011 06:42 PM
    Happy so far. I don't live in a 4g area yet but didn't want to lose the gorgeous screen. Going to the charge from the fascinate also cut down on the "learn a new phone" anxiety for my wife.
    08-06-2011 07:21 PM
    Are the screens that much different?
    08-06-2011 07:51 PM
    Best trade I have ever done! The screens are about the same but I live in a widely covered 4g area and the speeds are alot faster and I get 10 + hours out of my battery.The phone is bigger but you get used to it pretty quick and the phone itself is faster than my fascinate was on com rom . I am very pleased that I now have a new 4g phone and didn't have to extend my contract and still have unlimited data to boot!
    08-07-2011 09:06 AM
    Best move for me also better battery life the phone is not much taller or wider if you put it next to a fassy but it is thicker , i think because the screen is bigger it makes the phone look bigger.
    08-07-2011 09:23 AM
    I'm very happy.
    To tell the truth, I was really interested in the Droid X2 for the 2 core chip.
    But the 4g and display made me stick with the Charge.
    08-07-2011 10:52 AM
    Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. The fact it's a little bulkier is a good thing for me, I have Parkinsons (relatively mild so far) and sometimes it's better to have a little more to hang on to.

08-07-2011 11:48 AM
    best trade i ever done.. fassy had a hard time getting a signal here but the Charge gets signals when i dont see one on the task mgr bar..sometimes i get a 3g and sometimes only a bar bbut this C harge has never failed me and the battery time is far and above anything i expected to see.. i am always close to a charging unit,, but for instance, the phone is charged before bed time it's unhooked then in the morning i still have about 75% battery left..Charge can not be beaten
    08-07-2011 06:03 PM
    Droid Charge rooted with vodoo lagfix and bloatware removed -----> Absolutely fast, brilliant screen and the best phone I have ever had
    08-07-2011 08:31 PM
    I have 4g and still sometimes regret the decision to leave the fascinate. I do like the Charge but I use the same apps on the Charge as I did on the Fascinate and my battery is bad. In low signal areas, it would always be but the Charge can drain FAST. The data signal drop outs are tough too. In a good signal area, you should be fine but I have times where I have to wait or try a few apps to get data to start up.

The screen is awesome(similar to the fascinate) and voice calls are a lot better for me. Juice defender helped me a bit on the fascinate but you can't use it on the charge. That might be part of it.
    08-07-2011 09:31 PM

The screen is awesome(similar to the fascinate) and voice calls are a lot better for me. Juice defender helped me a bit on the fascinate but you can't use it on the charge. That might be part of it.
    The screen is NOT similar to fassy's. It has 50% more subpixels. Just saying =]
    08-07-2011 09:53 PM
    Overall I am happy with the switch, although I must agree with previous comments regarding the battery. I'm sure this is just something that must be adjusted to (and is nothing more than a reflection of cutting edge technology somewhat superseding the capabilities of less cutting edge battery technologies), but as of right now that is the only "big" thing that makes me miss my (apparently now discontinued) Fassy. That being said - I grow happier with the Charge with each passing day!
    08-07-2011 11:44 PM
    You can get over 20hrs if you turn off the location services & back ground data, until you need them.
    08-08-2011 10:04 PM
    Well, so far so good. I just received my Charge and it was a brand new one with the class 4 card. Just needto get the sim card loaded so I can play with it. I am so looking forward to receiving all my calls and texts again.

08-09-2011 02:14 PM
    I don't know what the 3phone option is but I do love my Charge even though it cost me dearly. There isn't a display on the market at this time that can beat it. I love the bigger screen with bigger print. Everyone who sees it wants one. I've had very few problems with it.
    08-11-2011 11:48 AM
    I don't get the hate for the battery life, mine seems to actually last longer that my Fascinate's battery ever did.
    08-11-2011 02:38 PM
    So far I'm loving it.

The 3 phone option was (is?) an exchange program for Fascinate owners due to the problems that phone has with missed calls. If you called 611 they gave you the opportunity to exchange the Fascinate with one of 3 phones, one of the 3 was the Charge.

I am rejoicing in the fact I have a phone that acts like a phone!

08-11-2011 02:44 PM
    @clak

You and me both. Over 8 hours of nonstop talking yesterday, seriously, and still had 17% left on the battery when I docked it.

08-11-2011 02:47 PM
    Still agreeing. I have been using my phone hard for the last 8 hours and I am showing about 30% left. The fassy would have. Gone through 2 batteries by now

Charged up post!
    08-11-2011 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD