Data dropping?

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried getting my SIM card replaced at the store and the rep wouldn't do it

Here is how I got VZ store to replace my sim card.
- I put my Charge in CDMA mode.
- went to store and put demo Charge in CDMA mode
- showed VZ rep the display model connected in 3G mode, mine would not do it
- I suggested it could be the sim card
- rep replaced the sim card

Instantly my Charge had a 3G connection after activation.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, My Charge has begun dropping data multiple times a day now, to the point that when I pick up my phone I can pretty much count on not having a data connection.. 3g or 1x (in CDMA mode only).

Does the SIM card replacement resolve this issue? or only the next OTA update?

Thanks

Droid Charge - Tapatalk

patsmx5

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just signed up after reading for a while. Just wanted to say I have been having the same problem forever on my Charge. I tried switching to CDMA mode and that didn't help (then swtiched back to LTE). Tried restarting, several times, didn't help. Tried remving the battery, didn't help. Tried reseating the SD card, didn't help. Then tried turning on CDMA mode again and it's working fairly well now. From what I can tell, reseating the SD card + CDMA mode fixed it, now it will hold a 3G signal most of the time. Hope this helps someone.

dsquare86

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I would like to add that mine has a tendency to drop the 1x that we have here in Extended Network quite frequently. Interestingly, when I am in a native service area, it works like it should. I blame my problems on the carrier in the extended network area (USCC)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that answers my question. Any signs that the leaked gingerbread has fixed the issue?

Droid Charge - Tapatalk

I ran the full leak for a couple of days and while the issue still exists, it is not as bad as it was for me.

I have since went back to stock as the leak had some quirks I didn't like. I also flashed the leaked modem over the stock modem. So I'm running stock EE4 with EP1W radio.