Would anyone happen to know how to replace the Charge's camera apk with that of the Epic's (which I'm guessing would be the best choice because of the front facing camera). The original Galaxy S phones had that vintage shooting mode that I loved so much. It made for some really great photography and wish I had it on my Charge. Any ideas?
    08-07-2011 11:18 PM
    I just gave it a shot, it works, but there are some issues. 1. It only lets you select up to 5mp resolution and 2. the apk that I got doesn't allow switching to the front facing camera, I'm looking for an updated version, I'll let you know if I find it.

*Edit* there are more issues than that, changing the picture mode causes crashes

*edit* I'm not finding anything new, from where I am, it doesn't look like it will work using that apk, there are a lot of issues, a lot of crashes, its just not meant to work on the charge.
    08-08-2011 12:51 AM
    There's an app called Retro Camera that lets you choose different cameras (for example, Polaroid). I'm not familiar with Epic though so I don't know if this is similar.
    08-08-2011 09:32 AM
    God I felt the same way about leaving the Fassy for the Charge - I miss the Vintage settings on the camera - for those of you not familiar - that .apk on certain phones produced some of the best noise-reduction algorithm I've ever seen on a phone.

For what it's worth, I'm using Camera360 as the closest replacement I could find...will probably buy the full version after I play with it for a week. Retro Camera's widget is super awesome, but the app itself runs pretty slow on the Charge.
    08-08-2011 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD