my droid charge 14 days trial runs out friday. with all these leaks about the bionic man im really itching for it.

i just love the charge screen. but hate the battery. now i hear we can go up to 15 hours on the bionic with a single charge. imagine that 15 HOURS!!!!

i felt in love with the charge+ touchwiz though. big dilemma.

anyone care to add their point of view is welcome and appreciated.
    08-09-2011 05:19 PM
    Well I have the Charge & really enjoy it. It was a free replacement for my Fascinate. If you really like the phone & can live with it for the next 18 months, then by all means keep it.

If you wait for the Bionic, you may as well wait for the SGS2, or wait for the HTC Vigor etc. etc.
    08-09-2011 06:25 PM
    lol you got a point. also if i returned my charge im gonna have to take my old BB 9550 until the bionic drops. imagine that..going back to the old 9550 screen after swimming in pleasure with super amoled plus.
    08-09-2011 06:52 PM
    I'm with Lodingi on this one. If you wait, another super phone will be right around the corner which might make you wait out for that one and end up getting no phone anytime in the near future. Plus, you gotta pay the restocking fee, haha. But then again, if you want the Bionic, go for it, it's entirely up to you. I came from the Thunderbolt so right now the Charge is like the best phone in the world to me since it actually works.
    08-09-2011 06:55 PM
    I get at least 15 hours of battery out of mine with light to moderate use.
    08-09-2011 07:54 PM
    my droid charge 14 days trial runs out friday. with all these leaks about the bionic man im really itching for it.

i just love the charge screen. but hate the battery. now i hear we can go up to 15 hours on the bionic with a single charge. imagine that 15 HOURS!!!!

i felt in love with the charge+ touchwiz though. big dilemma.

anyone care to add their point of view is welcome and appreciated.
    First off, I get darn good battery life out of the Charge so I am happy (coming from the Fassy that isnt much of a selling point though)

Next, read your OP "Hear the bionic gets 15 hours..." that is probably "rated" time. The Charge has a rated time of 11 hours (2 days on standby!!) but hey that isnt realistic. No one knows until you actually have it and/or it has really been tested.

lastly, your talking about the Bionic that was rumored in May, June, July, August, or September? Who knows when that thing will hit...lol.

Me? I am going with a bird in the hand. The Charge lasts as long as I need it to, and does more than the fassy did. I am happy for 13 months or until the Prime comes (if ever), that one has me drooling if the specs are right...
    08-09-2011 10:56 PM
    If you get a new Charge today under contract by the time it is up the Bionic might be available.
    08-10-2011 06:44 AM
    Well I have the Charge & really enjoy it. It was a free replacement for my Fascinate. If you really like the phone & can live with it for the next 18 months, then by all means keep it.

If you wait for the Bionic, you may as well wait for the SGS2, or wait for the HTC Vigor etc. etc.
    When I ordered me Charge as a replacement for the Fassy the VZW store manager said that Im still up for phone upgrade in May '12, the 18 months from the time I got Fassy. I didnt have to reset the new every 2 counter. We'll just have to see whats out then. So far happy with Charge. Already had to get it replaced, but so far so good.
    08-12-2011 08:03 AM
    When I ordered me Charge as a replacement for the Fassy the VZW store manager said that Im still up for phone upgrade in May '12, the 18 months from the time I got Fassy. I didnt have to reset the new every 2 counter. We'll just have to see whats out then. So far happy with Charge. Already had to get it replaced, but so far so good.
    That's true. I've been eligible since July 9th. I did a one year deal with the Fassy. Got the Charge and I still ha e the upgrade.
    08-12-2011 08:11 AM
    I was waiting on the bionic, but finally gave up two months ago and got the charge. Absolutely no regrets whatsoever. The battery would need topped off while at work or it would be dead by the time I clocked out. A couple weeks ago I did a complete factory reset and now my battery lasts all day. I don't know what's different, but when I go to bed at night I still have 20-30% battery left. I too have fallen in love with the amoled+ screen and have no desire to switch to the bionic. The SGSII will be very tempting though. Might have to give the wife my Charge and take her upgrade...
    08-12-2011 08:38 AM
    lol you got a point. also if i returned my charge im gonna have to take my old BB 9550 until the bionic drops. imagine that..going back to the old 9550 screen after swimming in pleasure with super amoled plus.
    Yeah going back is going to be hard but you will be mad at your self for going with the charge. Remember the bionic is a duel core phone. The charge is a single core phone so last years tech vs this years tech. The screen on the bionic won't be as good and like someone else said the galaxy s2 is coming really soon. I wouldn't want to be stuck with the charge for two years. Think hard about it.
    08-12-2011 09:22 AM
    Yeah going back is going to be hard but you will be mad at your self for going with the charge. Remember the bionic is a duel core phone. The charge is a single core phone so last years tech vs this years tech. The screen on the bionic won't be as good and like someone else said the galaxy s2 is coming really soon. I wouldn't want to be stuck with the charge for two years. Think hard about it.
    So the "duel" cores fight each other? Lol

I have used a dual core Atrix and a single core Charge and notice no difference in speed. The screen on each other hand, I use that all day!
    08-14-2011 08:52 AM
    As you consider the Charge, BIonic, etc., take a look at how other are voting in the
    Readers choice awards: Verizon's best Android phone

Vote first to see the results.
    08-14-2011 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD