Trying to decide between Droid X2 or Charge

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
do u live in a 4G area?

Yea, that would be question #1. I have the charge, and my coworker has the X2, I personally like the charge better, I think the screen looked nicer, and it felt "snappier." But I only used hers for ~1.5hr, and it was completely stock, whereas mine is rooted, different kernel, rom, theme, etc. So I can't say beyond that. However, if you are in a 4G area, I would say its definitely worth it, the internet speeds are insane.

gj953

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No, strictly 3g and prob won't be 4g for 5+ yrs (if at all). I do travel some for work, but only 3-4 times/year to major cities for maybe a week tops at a time.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If you live in a 3G only area, I'd say go with the X2. Fit & finish, as well as call quality are far better on the X2. The Charge's advantages are the Super AMOLED+ screen & LTE. The data speeds really are sick.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
well in that case then droid x 2 since it handles the 3g better than the charge. plus its not worth paying 300 bucks plus tax if you arent going to take advantage on the 4g speeds on a daily basis.

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Worth noting, however, from a review I was just reading on the Droid X2 from Droid Life here A Closer Look at the DROIDX2 and its qHD Display, PenTile at its Not-so-Finest - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

"Update: After spending a lengthy amount of time (our review) with the DROIDX2 after writing this post, we can conclude that this might be one of our least favorite screens of all time. qHD to Motorola is indeed just a marketing term, because this screen is no where near HD-quality. You can see pixels on the device with a naked eye, colors are never correct, and the instant head pounding that you receive while scrolling through anything is something I’ve never seen from another phone. It’s not pretty in the Moto PenTile world."

That was pretty much my impression of the screen on the X2 as well. When I walk by my coworker and see her screen, I am so thankful I don't have to look at that.

Last edited:

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Worth nothing, however, from a review I was just reading on the Droid X2 from Droid Life here A Closer Look at the DROIDX2 and its qHD Display, PenTile at its Not-so-Finest - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

"Update: After spending a lengthy amount of time (our review) with the DROIDX2 after writing this post, we can conclude that this might be one of our least favorite screens of all time. qHD to Motorola is indeed just a marketing term, because this screen is no where near HD-quality. You can see pixels on the device with a naked eye, colors are never correct, and the instant head pounding that you receive while scrolling through anything is something I?ve never seen from another phone. It?s not pretty in the Moto PenTile world."

You know, I read all the negative comments regarding the X2's screen. I spent an hour or 2 at Verizon playing with each device (X2 & Charge). I could not see the pixelation every one was screaming about. The screen was very bright & text was nice & crisp.

My suggestion is to visit Verizon & scrutinize the screen. Only your eyes matter.

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You know, I read all the negative comments regarding the X2's screen. I spent an hour or 2 at Verizon playing with each device (X2 & Charge). I could not see the pixelation every one was screaming about. The screen was very bright & text was nice & crisp.

My suggestion is to visit Verizon & scrutinize the screen. Only your eyes matter.

You are absolutely correct, if it looks good to you then there is no problem, all just personal preference.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
The Charge only has around 250mb of user space for apps.... So to me that's a deal breaker.

Mean while the X and X2 have 8 Gigs.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Charge only has around 250mb of user space for apps.... So to me that's a deal breaker.

Mean while the X and X2 have 8 Gigs.

yeah but the Charge comes with a 32 GB SD card, the X2 only an 8GB. The Charge is 4G as well but the X2 is only 3G.

Both are nice, coming from the fascinate, the Charge was obvious for me...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
X2 has pretty much everything over it, besides dev support (which is coming), 4g, and ffc, other than that the x2 wins in every category

It is a matter of opinion, but yours is without a doubt funny. What are you basing it on?
he sAmoled screen is a winner for DC
internal storage is a winner DX
Dual core for DX
FFC for DC
OTB external storage for DC
4G for the DC
cameras are a push
blur vs TW is a push
onboard ram is a push
battery is basically a push (slight advantage to the DC in mAh)
weight is for the DC

There is no clear cut winner here. It depends on your area and your likes. For me the Charge is better than the X and even the TB, but it won't hold a candle to the Prime....

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe the other guy was talking about usable space. Once you get Android and bloat on there it knocks it down significantly.

Mine has 1GB+ of usable space for apps. This is with 40 apps installed.

attachment.php

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If the OP is considering a Sammy, then why not wait for a few more weeks and get galaxy S2?

Because that Galaxy S2 is likely not going to be the verizon variant, but rather the AT&T one. Verizon was the last major carrier to get their variant of the original Galaxy S, and that is likely to happen again with the SGS2. I wouldn't expect a verizon SGS2 for at least a couple of months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000