Trying to decide between Droid X2 or Charge

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I went from the fascinate to the DX2. I had the option to get the Charge. After having 4 fascinates that none of them ever worked right I couldn't bring myself to have another Samsung right now so I tried the DX2. Build quality is stellar, phone feels much more solid. Now that we have GB on it the little bit of bloat doesn't bother me because the phone flies. its the fasted 3G I've had yet and the battery life is easily double what I got on the fascinate. To me the Charge just looks like a next gen fascinate, bigger screen, 4G, same processor and software. I am loving my DX2 more each day. Blur was horrid but ADW fixed that.

Just my $0.02

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It is a matter of opinion, but yours is without a doubt funny. What are you basing it on?
he sAmoled screen is a winner for DC
internal storage is a winner DX
Dual core for DX
FFC for DC
OTB external storage for DC
4G for the DC
cameras are a push
blur vs TW is a push
onboard ram is a push
battery is basically a push (slight advantage to the DC in mAh)
weight is for the DC

There is no clear cut winner here. It depends on your area and your likes. For me the Charge is better than the X and even the TB, but it won't hold a candle to the Prime....

I forgot to include samoled, but that not even a clear cut winner, x2 is pushing out a higher res, and someone who looks past pentile will like that better. Battery is much better on the x2, mostly because of the pentile display, and that it isnt 4g. Any 3g phone battery life will outmatch a 4g phone. 60 mAh isnt going to change the game. And as for the weight, they are basically the same weight and its hard to tell the difference as there only about .40 oz differences. And you forgot to mention the thiness and build quality of the x2 that might win some people over, plus the phone is a tad smaller.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to include samoled, but that not even a clear cut winner, x2 is pushing out a higher res, and someone who looks past pentile will like that better. Battery is much better on the x2, mostly because of the pentile display, and that it isnt 4g. Any 3g phone battery life will outmatch a 4g phone. 60 mAh isnt going to change the game. And as for the weight, they are basically the same weight and its hard to tell the difference as there only about .40 oz differences. And you forgot to mention the thiness and build quality of the x2 that might win some people over, plus the phone is a tad smaller.

The resolution on the Charge can be changed if you so wish.

I understand that 3G uses less battery in theory, but in my experience it is a wash. that is just my experience so YMMV. I don't wan a screen that I have to "look past its flaws" to like. I want a screen I like all the time. sAMOLED is it and it is a clear winner.

the .1 in the dimensions difference between the 2 is not even noticeable, just like the 60mAh is negligible (and I agreed).

I don't see a build quality issue with my Charge. Yeah the back sucks but the phone all around is solid.

I come back to my ending statement: There is no clear cut winner here. It depends on your area and your likes. For me the Charge is better than the X and even the TB

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The Charge only has around 250mb of user space for apps.... So to me that's a deal breaker.

Mean while the X and X2 have 8 Gigs.

Um. I have 1.1 gigs available for apps. Don't think I ever used more than 200 mb on my Fassy. Once GB hits, we will have an additional 32 gigs for apps. Well, that's assuming we get GB. Lol.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Um. I have 1.1 gigs available for apps. Don't think I ever used more than 200 mb on my Fassy. Once GB hits, we will have an additional 32 gigs for apps. Well, that's assuming we get GB. Lol.

You said the above, I am wondering where you are getting the other 32 GB for apps from.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread allows you to install apps on your sd card.

With Froyo I thought you could as well, but at the very least you can move them to the SD card. If you go into manage apps, pick an app and on the next screen you should have the option to move to SD card. 75% of mine are over there and not on the internal storage.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand why anybody moves apps to the sd card. I have over 200 apps on my phone, it still flies, and I still have 500MB of internal storage left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463