I don't really feel like pre ordering, then waiting for like a month to get the GSII, so I was wondering, do you guys think I should wait for the GSII, or get the Charge? I really like the Charge, but I want to know if people like/recommend it before I go out and buy it. Plus its only $199 from Best Buy, and where I live this weekend will be tax free weekend. Thoughts?
    08-09-2011 09:43 PM
    is the GSII confirmed 4G?
    08-09-2011 09:51 PM
    is the GSII confirmed 4G?
    Nope
    08-09-2011 09:53 PM
    Also not even a whiff of when or even IF it is coming to Verizon. The August arrival of the SGS2 in the US Samsung referred to was most likely for the AT&T variant since it is GSM. Verizon was the last of the major carriers to get the SGS, and will likely be the last again. Apparently Samsung put their foot down and told the US carriers they can't put as much of their bloated crap on the SGS2 or they don't get the phone. AT&T said OK, and will be the first two. Verizon being verizon is apparently sticking to their guns and not relenting on the bloatware. Those are just rumors I've read here and there. But I definitely would not expect to see verizon SGS2 until at least November or December. Just my opinion.
    08-09-2011 10:05 PM
    Seeing as there's a good chance that the GS2 will not be like the one from overseas I say go with the Charge and load the TW4 launcher. It's the next best thing.
    Think about it. In 2 more years when your contract is up, there's gonna be quad core mega phones running off of refined LTE equipment on a larger LTE network.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    08-09-2011 10:18 PM
    Also not even a whiff of when or even IF it is coming to Verizon. The August arrival of the SGS2 in the US Samsung referred to was most likely for the AT&T variant since it is GSM. Verizon was the last of the major carriers to get the SGS, and will likely be the last again. Apparently Samsung put their foot down and told the US carriers they can't put as much of their bloated crap on the SGS2 or they don't get the phone. AT&T said OK, and will be the first two. Verizon being verizon is apparently sticking to their guns and not relenting on the bloatware. Those are just rumors I've read here and there. But I definitely would not expect to see verizon SGS2 until at least November or December. Just my opinion.
    I almost totally agree with everything you said Landshark. The only thing pointing to a slightly earlier release is the Bionic delays and the Fassy being put out to pasture...you say November, I slant toward mid-September. Split the diff with you and go late October..lol
    08-09-2011 10:22 PM
    I almost totally agree with everything you said Landshark. The only thing pointing to a slightly earlier release is the Bionic delays and the Fassy being put out to pasture...you say November, I slant toward mid-September. Split the diff with you and go late October..lol
    Meet you in the middle
    08-09-2011 11:06 PM
    Some very good points being made. Is the Charge fast would you say (not network wise, system wise)?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2011 06:03 AM
    Some very good points being made. Is the Charge fast would you say (not network wise, system wise)?

I have 0 speed issues. When I use my wife's iPhone4 to do something I am astonished how small the screen is and the lag it has. The Charge is quite speedy.
    rosser likes this.
    08-10-2011 06:36 AM
    I think I am sold! The only thing is that I don't have 4G where I live, but I have it at school (my school is far away from my house lol). I mainly wanted the GSII because of the 1.2 GHZ processor, but it sounds like this one is pretty fast.
    08-10-2011 11:04 AM

I would say yes with the caveat that you need to get rid of the bloat. OOTB, it was good but not great. playing with a rooted DX, TB and Charge over the last week or so, I would say the Charge is the faster of the 3..
    08-10-2011 11:06 AM
    You guys should check out the SGS2 VZW function forum. It's full of threads and posts that are PURE speculation.
    It's kinda like when the charge first released. This place was rampant with wild speculation.
    Bottom line is nobody knows nothing.

Typed with my thumbs via Tapatalk
    08-10-2011 11:58 PM
    nobody knows nothing.
    Which means that somebody knows something!

WHERE ARE YOU, SOMEBODY? Tell us what you know!

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    08-14-2011 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD