So I have my new charge ( came from the fascinate ) and it will randomly erase my sd card. Msic, pictures, or anythng else on it. I installed the sd card into my computer and it's wiped, so I put music and pics back on it and checked it in my pc. All is good until I put it back in the phone. I have tried 2 different sd cards and same thing happens. It also erases pics and vids taken with the phone. Any ideas? By the way i'm all stock, not rooted ( yet ) and am running Go launcher EX. I tried going back to touchwiz but it still wipes the card.
    08-14-2011 09:19 AM
    So I have my new charge ( came from the fascinate ) and it will randomly erase my sd card. Msic, pictures, or anythng else on it. I installed the sd card into my computer and it's wiped, so I put music and pics back on it and checked it in my pc. All is good until I put it back in the phone. I have tried 2 different sd cards and same thing happens. It also erases pics and vids taken with the phone. Any ideas? By the way i'm all stock, not rooted ( yet ) and am running Go launcher EX. I tried going back to touchwiz but it still wipes the card.
    Did you flash the leaked EC09, or a 2.6.35 (newest) version of CM7 or MIUI, or jt1134's vanilla gingerbread on your Fascinate? And if so, is that the same sd card you used? If so, it is probably the sd card, not the Charge. Originally it was thought only the leaked EC09 build was frying sd cards, but now it seems sd cards are getting fried on all these other builds too. If you did not flash any of those ROMs on your Fascinate using this sd card, then I don't know why this would be happening. Safest bet is to transfer everything from your pc to the sd card that came with the Charge and use that one.
    hillview likes this.
    08-14-2011 01:35 PM
    I had the sd card from the fascinate in the charge, and it worked fine for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden it wiped it clean. I was running com rom on the fassy when I swapped phones. I had been running MIUI wiz but it started crashing on the fassy, so I went back to com rom. I currently have the 32 gb ( factory charge ) sd card in the phone now, So al I can do is wait and see ! Thanks for the help Landshark!!! Great to see you here helping out the charge peeps!
    08-15-2011 08:03 AM
    @Hillview

I have the exact same problem in two instances
    Check this thread. It seems that the problem is related to a different block size used for formatting

[Q] Keep burning out SDs - need advise .... - Page 2 - xda-developers
    08-16-2011 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD