I Simply Couldn't Take It Any More.... iPhone here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, after several Charge replacements and still not being able to transition between 3 and 4G service I GAVE UP. It seems that in my area its 4G or NO G with Verizon's 4G handsets. I called Verizon and they sent me a brand new iPhone and so far I have had none of the issues I was having with the Charge. My contract is up in late January so at that time I will see what Android has to offer vs the new iPhone5. I will be lurking in here now and still posting now and then.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You had the same issue with multiple phones and I have never once had that problem, so it's either an issue with your cell tower or you have the worst luck ever! G/l with the iphone

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I use my charge for hours at a time all day long and my only real issue is data dropping here and there and it's not enough to really upset me....I often wonder if people expect too much from a phone or do things to cause problems.....enjoy the iPhone and don't forget a case or you will be dropping calls lol.....

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that you should have to do it but forcing the phone to run on whatever network is easy to do. If you are in a weaker lte area the smart thing to do would be to set the network to cdma auto. I have no issues with doing this when going into 3g areas. If taking the 5 seconds to tell your phone what to do is too much work for you then the iphone is probably the way to go.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 3G only, until they get it going in my area so I'll have to wait and see how that goes. For now my Charge does drop data occasionally, which can get annoying, but again it’s only occasionally. There are moments when it will lock up and I have to restart. Could be an internal memory thing but I’ve seen other issues with other phones on these blogs too. They all have something that’s not right. All in all it's not a bad phone. I've mostly enjoyed it for it's screen, battery life and form factor. Does pretty much everything I need it too. The reason we get android devices is for the personalization options it brings. I recommended an iphone to my mother in law because she's older and not techy, nor is she interested in all that personalization. She just wants it to work and that’s fine. Nothing really exciting about it though. No doubt iphones just work, but to me they just seem closed off and boring now. There are better phones than the Charge coming to VZW soon and I'm going to try to move to one, but until then I have my unlimited data and a phone that's not a bad one until the next better one comes out. Just the way it is:)

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Good luck. I made the mistake of trying the iPhone 6 months ago, and after 2 weeks I was 100% bored with it. Jailbroke it and all! Very boring phone! Only thing I kinda miss is the camera. You couldn't pay me to get another iPhone!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Good luck. I made the mistake of trying the iPhone 6 months ago, and after 2 weeks I was 100% bored with it. Jailbroke it and all! Very boring phone! Only thing I kinda miss is the camera. You couldn't pay me to get another iPhone!

Boring? Yes! but it works consistently and thats my main concern right now.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol....oh yeah.....nobody ever complains about iPhones.....not trying to be a jerk it just cracks me up when people talk like that........good luck.......

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I read "after having some issues with the charge not switching between 4g and 3g, I got a 3g only phone and no longer have that issue!" What a shocker...Enjoy the iphone (not sarcastically, I hope it works out better for you than the charge, we all deserve to be happy with our electronics)

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same position with my Thunderbolt...I use my phone for work..Even with the Extended Battery my phone is dead by 2pm and i'm not a heavy user..I don't use the internet, I don't stream music or videos,I'm not a gamer or anything else really taxing. I just send texts,emails and make a few quick calls. My Storm could go almost two days with the extended battery

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Confuses me that for some reason the run back to an iPhone seems to be the route of reliability. All things considered, there are A LOT of inconsistencies and little bugs that plague iOS, outside the realm of what limitations the OS itself is going to present. I regret buying my iPad and have since almost day one. Felt the same way with my Macbook Pro, and don't intend on feeding Apple anymore of my money. iPhone's included, don't care if there's an app to wipe my ass and a bidet nozzle on the iPhone 5.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

You will love it.
Screen is gorgeous and my wife loves hers.
Apps seem to be a bit more polished.

Negatives?
Unless jailbroken no external drive feature
Stupid connector.
Heavy compared to my Dinc.
No widgets and very little customization.
Everything has to go through Itunes.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same position with my Thunderbolt...I use my phone for work..Even with the Extended Battery my phone is dead by 2pm and i'm not a heavy user..I don't use the internet, I don't stream music or videos,I'm not a gamer or anything else really taxing. I just send texts,emails and make a few quick calls. My Storm could go almost two days with the extended battery

try juice defender...works for me....

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
AndroidXTC 01:41 PM 03-08-2011 And Purchased the "Baby Jesus" phone, it arrives tomorrow. I'm done with Android for now. Thanks for all the past help, fun and sorrow everyone!.......seen this while I was tooling around......seems fishy lol.....he posted this back in March

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
One big thing you gonna miss is the screen. Mostly the size. Was using my fascinate and the 4 inch screen seemed so small. Would be tough to go to 3.6 inches.

Typed with my thumbs via Tapatalk

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
One big thing you gonna miss is the screen. Mostly the size. Was using my fascinate and the 4 inch screen seemed so small. Would be tough to go to 3.6 inches.

Typed with my thumbs via Tapatalk

Agreed, the iphone screens look so small. Nice color, resolution, and whatnot, but just small.

Status
Not open for further replies.