I'm a newbie to the droid world (have a Samsung Charge). I've tried my best to find a post on this issue for over an hour now but haven't found anything related. So if this is a common repeated post I apologize.

I've found that the audio quality from the handset on calls is SO BAD that quite often I find myself having to plug in my headset just to make out whatever the caller is saying. It sounds like they are talking through a sock! Mind you, I had tested this in the store prior to my purchasing the phone and didn't have this problem. I'm sure the issue is worse/better depending on the callers phone. Most of the time any LAN line (digital or analog) are the absolute worst.

Does anyone else have this issue? Are there any suggested fixes, downloads, apps, etc that are known to have fixed this problem or made it better ??

Thanks all!
    08-19-2011 11:05 AM
    First thing I would do is to go:
    Menu--Settings--Call Settings--Noise Reduction.

Enable that and try again.

Honestly, I haven't had any call problems, everything is loud and clear.
    08-19-2011 12:14 PM
    I thought the noise reduction setting was for your phone's mic, no? The same for privacy ??
    08-19-2011 01:10 PM
    I would exchange it for a new one, I have zero issues with this and haven't heard of any widespread call quality issues. Sounds like you may have a bad speaker in your handset.
    08-19-2011 02:07 PM
    This phone has the best audio call quality that I've ever heard on a cell phone. Crystal clear!

Droid Charge - Tapatalk
    08-20-2011 08:10 AM
    I agree with the other posters. The audio quality of my Charge has been great, both by ear and using the phone's speaker. I would swap your phone for a new one. My Charge is dropping the audio on calls to other verizon customers, but that's another issue......
    08-20-2011 08:46 AM