Question about the car dock

ltlruss

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Charge the other day and got the Samsung car dock with it. I have the dock connected through my stereo using the 3.5mm plug on the bottom of the dock. My question is, has anyone here using this configuration tried to use the google speak to make calls, find music, navigate or anything. I can use google speak just fine outside of my car, but, as soon as I plug it into the dock, the mic will barely pick up my voice. I haven't tried a call yet. I'm not sure if the person on the other end will be able to hear me or not. I just know that I can't use the voice activated commands. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

So far I am absolutely loving this phone. I'm new to android so it's taking a little getting used to.

Thanks for any help....

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Droid too. Came from a BB Storm2 and the Charge is blowing me away with what it can do. I just posted in the Verizon Community Forum about using the car dock's audio out with Slacker etc, to listen to music/radio and send the Google Navigation directions through the car's speakers. Works great! I love that the Charge mutes the music when it gives a Nav direction.

I haven't yet tried the Google Speak. I have BlueTooth in my car which I use for the phone which works great, but I don't think BlueTooth would help with the other commands. I wish they had a detailed manual for this phone. There has been a bunch of stuff I've just stumbled across while playing with the phone. It would be great if all the info was in one place.

Rich

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You will need to raise your call volume. the problem with the dock, is when you connect it, you don't have access to the volume control. When you dock it, it seems that the volume control for the media, calls, automatically set to low. You now have a dillemma (sp). you must raise the phone off the dock to get to the volume controls. Now when you reset the phone back on the dock, the volume levels go back down to low.

Please tell me i'm wrong.

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm wrong, you can access the volume control while docked. Just maximize your media and ringer volumes. Don't know why but it works when I use voice search and making calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie