iv had my charge for a while now and iv been pretty happy but touch wiz is just not for me and the battery just kills it sellf without me even doing anything. dont know if i should hold on to it and be stuck with it for 2 years or get the droid three cuz i dont got enough time and money to wait for the bionic or something like that. any suggestions on what i should do?
    08-27-2011 07:25 PM
    Have you tried a different launcher app? Personally, I use Launcher Pro.
    08-27-2011 08:14 PM
    I don't know but I think battery life will not be resolved with a launcher. If you feel battery life is abysmal. I would personally get a 3g phone. I get a full morning to bedtime charge with my motorola ATRIX

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX with Tapatalk
    08-27-2011 08:19 PM
    I agree with both Cory and Lavita. Try a different launcher and you won't notice TW and if you are in an area that receives 4G, the battery is what it is. Get a second battery(buy the desktop cradle, it comes with one) and plug it in when you can...I don't think the Bionic is going to be the 4G battery savior.

And Cory...what kind of magic connections do you have that you'll get a Verizon Galaxy SII?

Steve in CT
    08-27-2011 09:52 PM
    You know this is why I went back to an iPhone. It seems that most of the high end Android phones have all the bells and whistles that one could want but they just can't seem to get everything working together properly at the same time. I'm guessing this is why the Bionic is in limbo now because they don't want to release still another 4G Android handset with operating defects and thats good, no one needs still another problematic Android handset. I'm sure Verizon is also tired of all the returns and refurbs that it produces as well. The iPhone feels like half a phone compared to my former Charge BUT the iPhone WORKS like a fine Swiss Watch so thats the trade off. Once Verizon and the handset makers get there act together and make a reliable Android handset they will have a true iPhone killer but right now not so much.
    taylorz_412 likes this.
    08-27-2011 10:20 PM
    Removed post...most of it was inadvertantly deleted as I submitted.
    08-27-2011 10:37 PM
    I agree with both Cory and Lavita. Try a different launcher and you won't notice TW and if you are in an area that receives 4G, the battery is what it is. Get a second battery(buy the desktop cradle, it comes with one) and plug it in when you can...I don't think the Bionic is going to be the 4G battery savior.

And Cory...what kind of magic connections do you have that you'll get a Verizon Galaxy SII?

Steve in CT
    You're totally right Steve. Right now 4G is a pig on battery life, so the suggestion to go to 3G is probably the only solution for that. I personally carry around a spare battery charger and swap out batteries a few times a day.

No connections, but I am not giving up hope.

You know this is why I went back to an iPhone. It seems that most of the high end Android phones have all the bells and whistles that one could want but they just can't seem to get everything working together properly at the same time. I'm guessing this is why the Bionic is in limbo now because they don't want to release still another 4G Android handset with operating defects and thats good, no one needs still another problematic Android handset. I'm sure Verizon is also tired of all the returns and refurbs that it produces as well. The iPhone feels like half a phone compared to my former Charge BUT the iPhone WORKS like a fine Swiss Watch so thats the trade off. Once Verizon and the handset makers get there act together and make a reliable Android handset they will have a true iPhone killer but right now not so much.
    I think you've made your iPhone argument clear in multiple posts lately. This forum is for Android enthusiasts, and Android Enthusiasts aren't here to hear arguments about why the iPhone is better. It's not productive and you were already asked to stop doing this. We have a sister forum/community that will welcome you with open arms or you can post in our phone wars forum where the rules are slightly more relaxed. http://forums.tipb.com. But please respect the other guys who happen to enjoy being part of Android.

BTW:Telling Jerry to fix something is ultimately asking me to fix something.
    08-28-2011 01:25 AM
    iv had my charge for a while now and iv been pretty happy but touch wiz is just not for me and the battery just kills it sellf without me even doing anything. dont know if i should hold on to it and be stuck with it for 2 years or get the droid three cuz i dont got enough time and money to wait for the bionic or something like that. any suggestions on what i should do?
    welp i hate it that you are so down on yer Droid Charge.. It's the best android or droid i've ever owned.
    batter life is 3 times better than the fassy and wow i can even make or recieve calls.. for me that is a keeper...
    i turn off GPS unless i want to use it or test it after making changes.. it just seemed like a battery drainer and for a un-used app..
    the way i see a droid phone is this..
    it has every kind of app a person could dream to use..
    it should make/recieve calls..
    and since my battery usually runs close to 24 hours and me playing free poker, moto racing, and msgs plus phone calls..
    i use it at times at night all night playing or reading a book bible or what ever... and even after reading all night..i still have a 40% bat life left..

The Samsung Droid Charge is the best droid phone i've yet to see operate... I've seen iphone,HTC droids,att&t captivate etc and all in all i love the CHARGE..
    i hated to swap out my fassy but had enough dropped garbled and sloppy signal.. crap the newest fassy i recieved would not even upgrade its own self...the Charge does very well with or without wifi..
    and battery life is perfect from all the complaints i read. crap the bat life is better than my old fassy...
    08-28-2011 01:57 AM
    I say keep it and root it with Gummy 2,0..,.completely different phone that will blow the doors off anything else in verizons line up
    08-28-2011 04:07 AM
    I'm no expert, but coming from a BB Storm2 (which I loved) I am amazed at what my Charge does and how it does it. Yes, I've had a few problems like dropped audio (looks like Verizon has fixed it) and the car dock/charging/Nav issue (working on it), but overall I glad I made the change. 4G is AMAZING and which I understand is still not an option with the iPhone. Yes, the phone is a battery hog, but all my Blackberry chargers work with the Charge and I a got an extra battery with my desk dock, so I just make sure I have a charger at home, at work and in the car. It hasn't caused me a problem yet.

Prices on these phone are dropping since they've been out a while. I got mine for $119 from Amazonwireless, so I'm happy. And now that I've experienced 4G speed, I don't think I could ever go back to 3G.

Rich
    08-28-2011 08:48 AM
    Hopefully Gingerbread will help solve some of the Charge's problems. Watch the Thunderbolt forum in the coming weeks they start getting G/B pushed to the handsets tomorrow 8/29 it will be interesting to see how users will respond to the new O/S and how much wonkeyness G/B fixes.
    08-28-2011 09:11 AM
    Just got the hyperion battery set for the Charge. 2 batteries and a wall charging station. Best $30 ever.
    08-28-2011 01:34 PM
    i am most likely gonna go with the droid 3 or stick with this and hope for the best but thanks for the advice eveeryone
    08-28-2011 02:21 PM
    To save battery life just turn the brightness down the whole way (screen is still very bright indoors, it sucks outside but you can still see the screen) and turn off your data when you're not using it. I mean theres really no reason you need to keep the data on all the time besides widgets but who really checks widgets all the time. I've gone two days on a single charge on my Charge by having the brightness down the whole way and turning the data on only when I want to use it.

As far as touchwiz goes, just root your phone. GummyCharge 2.0 is siiiiiick, helps battery life makes the phone MUCH faster and smoother. And on top of that we're getting Cyanogenmod7 soon.

Also Idk about an OTA update to GB, samsung is known to be slow on updates.
    08-28-2011 03:10 PM
    You run an aftermarket launcher to leave touchwiz. Sometimes the roms get rid of too much Touchwiz. I usually add a few things back.

I am using Juice Defender. It causes some people problems but seems to be working for me on the latest GB leak via Gummy GBE. I just turns your radio off for you though I use wifi when I am at home and turn the radio on when I leave. Juice should learn at some point when to turn wifi on --- it is supposed to. I am getting 10-14 hrs now. I am at 9.5 hrs and still at 45% today. Not much activity today though.
    08-28-2011 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD