GVoice problems

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with Google voice? I can't seem to get it to work on my charge. It worked OK on my thunderbolt. I'm currently on gummycharged rom. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
i always have problems with it. i dont know if its because i want it to work differently than it does or what.

what are you problems?

When I call to see if it's working. I get an automated message to tell me to enter the number I'm trying to dial. At that point after I enter the number. It'll go to my Google voice message. I need voicemail to be operational at all times. I use it for my business as well and I don't think my clients will enter the number again...get my drift?

ryocoon

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
When I call to see if it's working. I get an automated message to tell me to enter the number I'm trying to dial. At that point after I enter the number. It'll go to my Google voice message. I need voicemail to be operational at all times. I use it for my business as well and I don't think my clients will enter the number again...get my drift?

I hate to sound daft, but are you calling GoogleVoice from a # that is listed under your GoogleVoice forwards? If you do that, you generally get a voice prompt to dial the # you are trying to call through GoogleVoice. Try calling from a phone that doesn't have an entry in your profile? *shrugs* Or maybe I'm not understanding your issue.

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No no. I think this is moving in the right direction. Now you're saying in my forwards. I don't believe I have anything getting forwarded but I will double check that just incase. So what I'm getting is I can't have anything forwarded. Right? I really appreciate your help here.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
No sicario666, that's not correct. I have it forward to my cell and home numbers. when I call from my either of those, I get my gv voicemail recording. I press * and then my pin, and THEN it gives me my messages or lets me make a call. You might have to dig through the settings on voice.google.com to make this all work. The gv app doesn't have all settings, and I don't think the mobile site does either.

Also, if you want to ONLY use it for voicemail, you need to dial *71xxxyyyzzzz from your cell. The letters are your 10-digit gv phone number. This lets incoming calls ring your phone, but forwards missed calls to gv. In this case, you would turn on gv's "do not disturb" feature so that it doesn't ring a few more times before voicemail picks up.

Good luck!

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No sicario666, that's not correct. I have it forward to my cell and home numbers. when I call from my either of those, I get my gv voicemail recording. I press * and then my pin, and THEN it gives me my messages or lets me make a call. You might have to dig through the settings on voice.google.com to make this all work. The gv app doesn't have all settings, and I don't think the mobile site does either.

Also, if you want to ONLY use it for voicemail, you need to dial *71xxxyyyzzzz from your cell. The letters are your 10-digit gv phone number. This lets incoming calls ring your phone, but forwards missed calls to gv. In this case, you would turn on gv's "do not disturb" feature so that it doesn't ring a few more times before voicemail picks up.

Good luck!

where can i find the do not disturb feature? i've tried all that youve provided and i still dont get any positive results. once i activate it... i place one call and it works, then i call again to test and i get the automated message. im so very confused why it works for one call but not the next :confused:
i tried all of this on my thunderbolt as well, doesnt work on that device either... whats goin on here?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles