Is the Droid Charge defective?

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm an IT guy for a high school, one of the teachers here asked me about phones a while back, I looked them all over and told her which ones looked the most solid based on specs, she ended up going with the droid charge.

She had an Android Phone, is a big fan and never had any issues with her old phone, once she got the charge she says that every night between 10-11PM, she is on the phone talking, a loud noise that sounds like a fax machine/Modem blasts from the speaker and the phone cuts off. THe person on the other end says they can't hear her talk because it happens and it jsut sound like they are listening to running water.

She took the phone back to Verizon and they replaced it with a new Droid Charge, and sadly nothing changed, the same issue is happening.

Has anyone heard anything like this before, have any ideas?

I should add this is not a rooted phone, it's stock.. in fact she feared some random app could have caused it but with the new phone, it's exactly as it was the moment they walked out of the store, nothing new installed.

ron.teed

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is defective. Something is clearly wrong with the phone part of the device.. the most important part. I get screaming, screeching, dropped calls 10+ times per day, strange sounds, etc.. I am on my second phone with zero resolution to the problem. I tend to believe its a location based issue, but then again, it happens everywhere I go. Atlanta, Louisville, Detroit.. I like my Charge.. I want to keep it. I love the screen, the form factor, the feel, the physical buttons, but I cannot accept the overall failures I have experienced on the phone side if the device. It's beyond frustrating, and I am going hard after Verizon within the next few days. They need to resolve this.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm an IT guy for a high school, one of the teachers here asked me about phones a while back, I looked them all over and told her which ones looked the most solid based on specs, she ended up going with the droid charge.

She had an Android Phone, is a big fan and never had any issues with her old phone, once she got the charge she says that every night between 10-11PM, she is on the phone talking, a loud noise that sounds like a fax machine/Modem blasts from the speaker and the phone cuts off. THe person on the other end says they can't hear her talk because it happens and it jsut sound like they are listening to running water.

She took the phone back to Verizon and they replaced it with a new Droid Charge, and sadly nothing changed, the same issue is happening.

Has anyone heard anything like this before, have any ideas?

I should add this is not a rooted phone, it's stock.. in fact she feared some random app could have caused it but with the new phone, it's exactly as it was the moment they walked out of the store, nothing new installed.

Its happen to a few people,I think its been reported to Verizon. I think it happens when the phone is in 4g mode and for whatever reason switches to 3g. You have to restart the phone to fix it. Might want to also try to get Verizon to give you a different sim card. Also the guy that is dropping 10 calls a day you should definitely,get a new Sim card.Call Verizon complain don't let them get away with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49