I can't believe this hasn't been posted here. I know it's in the rooting, ROMs, Hacks side, but I would have never found it. I put this on my Charge and it's amazing! The GPS actually works now (locks in seconds) and it's a lot faster. I loaded the "de-bloated" version. Check it out

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...leak-ep1w.html
    09-08-2011 12:08 PM
    i posted this over in the dev section a few days ago...
    leedurr and radar320 like this.
    09-08-2011 01:47 PM
    Can i install the leak if i am not rooted? maybe a dumb question but if its actual update leak why can't i just download and install like i could on my thunderbolt. This is what has me confused.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 01:48 AM
    Does this mean an OTA update is forthcoming?
    09-09-2011 10:46 AM
    What if I don't want Gingerbread and they offer it? I have my stuff all set up the way I want. I have the wifi hotspot that works flawlessly. It might not work on GB!
    09-09-2011 11:26 AM
    Can i install the leak if i am not rooted? maybe a dumb question but if its actual update leak why can't i just download and install like i could on my thunderbolt. This is what has me confused.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you do not need to root. The process was so simple I couldn't believe it. Download file, drivers, and flash program, put phone in "download" mode, plug in, press go. Instructions are in the link I posted as well.
    09-09-2011 11:40 AM
    Should be here in around a month then, that's if it really is ready to go.
    09-09-2011 04:21 PM
    Should be here in around a month then, that's if it really is ready to go.
    This may sound like a dumb question but if I want to wait for the official update, how do I know when it is released? Will Verizon notify us?
    09-12-2011 04:31 AM
    Well I am sure that there will be a "OMG GB IS HERE" thread. Also, there will more than likely be an announcement on the front page of AC. Finally, you can go to "About Phone" and do check for updates to see if you got it.
    09-12-2011 10:39 AM
    I think the update will come after the next Samsung phone is released.

No facts just a personal opinion.
    09-12-2011 11:54 AM
    will touchwiz 4.0 be included with the official GB OTA release?

I know in the leaks people have created their own version of it, but I am hoping that Samsung pushes the same one that is seen on the samsung galaxy s2.
    09-12-2011 03:21 PM
    I did this over the weekend. Amazing how easy it is. I wouldn't say my phone is now that much better. Honestly the battery still sucks. But I like having root access. All in all, pretty sweet.
    09-13-2011 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD