how do i put movies on my charge? wmv file that i put on my phone, put in DCMI in a new folder called movies. i play the movie and i it says aquiring license. how do i fix this problem!
    09-11-2011 12:13 PM
    Your not fixing that one, the Acquiring license means it is DRM'd. You need to find a version of the movie that does not have DRM attached to it.
    sunderdick82 likes this.
    09-11-2011 12:34 PM
    i tried using a digital copy, that i got with one of my blue ray movies. i thought that was compatable! where do i find movies to down load?
    09-11-2011 07:22 PM
    I believe that saying anything would be a violation of the TOS here on AC, but if you spend 15 minutes with Google I am sure you might be able to find a torrent or something
    09-11-2011 08:28 PM
    Try using a program called Handbrake on your computer to convert the file to mkv or mp4. This wont bypass any DRM but will allow your device to easily play the video with the built in video player if the video isn't DRM'd

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    09-12-2011 09:44 AM
    MP4 files work - same as iTunes format...
    09-12-2011 01:30 PM
    i play the movie and i it says aquiring license. how do i fix this problem!
    This is the important part of the OP. Most video formats will play with the right app installed. The problem is the DRM associated with the original video file. Converting it will not help this issue (doubt you could convert it with DRM attached anyway).

When I buy a movie, which is fairly often, I find a copy of it that does not have the DRM attached, then use it as I see fit.
    09-12-2011 01:52 PM
    MP4 files work - same as iTunes format...
    I just put a movie on my charge in mp4 format movie plays fine but no sound! how can I fix this problem? ??
    09-21-2011 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD