Free tethering without rooting

Radman

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
so i realized that it only works in open mode (no password).

when i try to connect in wpa2 security mode, it will semi-connect but will internet will not work. i played around with the settings but no diice. dunno why???

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
so i realized that it only works in open mode (no password).

when i try to connect in wpa2 security mode, it will semi-connect but will internet will not work. i played around with the settings but no diice. dunno why???
I had to set the network key on the charge first. Also I had to delete the wifi settin on my tablet and then enter the network key on my tablet. Hope this helps.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
how did you set the network key on charge?

I started mobile hotspot and got the call blah blah phone number for adding hotspot. I clicked ok and a config screen was there. I entered a nettwork key. After that I reconfiged the tablet wifi and enttered the network key. I was also able to gett my laptop to work.

Radman

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I started mobile hotspot and got the call blah blah phone number for adding hotspot. I clicked ok and a config screen was there. I entered a nettwork key. After that I reconfiged the tablet wifi and enttered the network key. I was also able to gett my laptop to work.

oh maybe I miss understood you earlier. By configuring network key, did you mean change the password?

I tried changing my password and after that it would only semi connect to the network but internet wouldnt work. the internet would only work when there is no security setup...which is not ideal..

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine! I went to settings on phone and changed it to my number and I went on my mac and did the same. It took a few minutes but it eventually connected. awesome!

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Holy C??\ it works on my charge!...you developers out there are awesome....

I hope though its not a back door into the phone for hackers.

Sent from my awesome Droid Charge

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So whenyou guys say "tether" you mean connecting your tablet/laptop to your phone with a USB cable? Or you mean more like making your phone a mobile hotspot (wireless) so that I can use my wifi-only tablet with it for free?
Thanks!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So whenyou guys say "tether" you mean connecting your tablet/laptop to your phone with a USB cable? Or you mean more like making your phone a mobile hotspot (wireless) so that I can use my wifi-only tablet with it for free?
Thanks!

I believe they are referring to wifi tethering, like a mobile hotspot.

Foo2U2001

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say...both ways worked for me. I tried both programs and had a good connection
using it as a hotspot and also tethering by usb.
Never expected it to be that easy...thanks for this thread!

Now if I could find some worth while reason that the Charge has a rearward facing camera.
Wish Skype worked!!

Jeff / Foo
St. Louis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney