http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1257555

read the above thread. It works

I downloaded the widget...put the widget on homescreen ..turn it on and quickly turn on mobile hopspot(official verizon) customize your settings to your liking and boom got my ipod touch to connect. No need to call.

Sent using SAMSUNG DROID CHARGE 4G LTE
    09-13-2011 01:14 AM
    Wow, thats nice and easy. Thanks.
    09-13-2011 11:25 AM
    Wow, thats nice and easy. Thanks.
    what about the cost issue for tethering ??
    09-14-2011 06:51 PM
    it works!

will verizon not know that we're doing this? well they charge us for this?
    09-14-2011 07:37 PM
    could be a possibility, I got the $30 unlimited tether on top of my unlimited plan so no big for me.
    09-14-2011 08:49 PM
    Well as long people dont abuse it . I think we should be fine.

Sent using SAMSUNG DROID CHARGE 4G LTE
    09-15-2011 12:39 AM
    I use Wireless Tether. Very simple as well and it doesn't use the Verizon app. I'm a little concerned about using the Verizon one. You do need root access to use Wireless Tether though

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    09-15-2011 09:57 AM
    Thanks! Was waiting for something like that
    09-15-2011 10:02 AM
    could be a possibility, I got the $30 unlimited tether on top of my unlimited plan so no big for me.
    Thanks for that pertinent, informative and relative post.
    09-15-2011 10:03 AM
    so i realized that it only works in open mode (no password).

when i try to connect in wpa2 security mode, it will semi-connect but will internet will not work. i played around with the settings but no diice. dunno why???
    09-15-2011 11:33 AM
    so i realized that it only works in open mode (no password).

when i try to connect in wpa2 security mode, it will semi-connect but will internet will not work. i played around with the settings but no diice. dunno why???
    I had to set the network key on the charge first. Also I had to delete the wifi settin on my tablet and then enter the network key on my tablet. Hope this helps.
    09-15-2011 02:05 PM
    I had to set the network key on the charge first. Also I had to delete the wifi settin on my tablet and then enter the network key on my tablet. Hope this helps.
    how did you set the network key on charge?
    09-15-2011 05:34 PM
    how did you set the network key on charge?
    I started mobile hotspot and got the call blah blah phone number for adding hotspot. I clicked ok and a config screen was there. I entered a nettwork key. After that I reconfiged the tablet wifi and enttered the network key. I was also able to gett my laptop to work.
    09-15-2011 10:02 PM
    I started mobile hotspot and got the call blah blah phone number for adding hotspot. I clicked ok and a config screen was there. I entered a nettwork key. After that I reconfiged the tablet wifi and enttered the network key. I was also able to gett my laptop to work.

oh maybe I miss understood you earlier. By configuring network key, did you mean change the password?

I tried changing my password and after that it would only semi connect to the network but internet wouldnt work. the internet would only work when there is no security setup...which is not ideal..
    09-15-2011 10:38 PM
    Mine works fine! I went to settings on phone and changed it to my number and I went on my mac and did the same. It took a few minutes but it eventually connected. awesome!
    09-16-2011 11:20 AM
    Holy C\ it works on my charge!...you developers out there are awesome....

I hope though its not a back door into the phone for hackers.

Sent from my awesome Droid Charge
    09-18-2011 08:54 AM
    So whenyou guys say "tether" you mean connecting your tablet/laptop to your phone with a USB cable? Or you mean more like making your phone a mobile hotspot (wireless) so that I can use my wifi-only tablet with it for free?
    Thanks!
    09-18-2011 11:55 PM
    So whenyou guys say "tether" you mean connecting your tablet/laptop to your phone with a USB cable? Or you mean more like making your phone a mobile hotspot (wireless) so that I can use my wifi-only tablet with it for free?
    Thanks!
    I believe they are referring to wifi tethering, like a mobile hotspot.
    09-19-2011 12:04 AM
    I gotta say...both ways worked for me. I tried both programs and had a good connection
    using it as a hotspot and also tethering by usb.
    Never expected it to be that easy...thanks for this thread!

Now if I could find some worth while reason that the Charge has a rearward facing camera.
    Wish Skype worked!!

Jeff / Foo
    St. Louis
    09-21-2011 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD