10-18-2011 04:21 PM
38 12
tools
    Thx for the responses...worked like a charm!
    09-21-2011 01:09 PM
    Glad it working for you ups
    09-21-2011 02:53 PM
    It appears that others already know that LTE may be an issue for the GPS. LightSquared Says It Has Cheap and Easy GPS Fix (Phone Scoop)
    09-21-2011 04:11 PM
    It appears that others already know that LTE may be an issue for the GPS. LightSquared Says It Has Cheap and Easy GPS Fix (Phone Scoop)
    My understanding was that LightSquared has a specific problem because of the frequency they'll be operating their LTE network on, not that all LTE is incompatible with GPS. Am I incorrect?
    09-21-2011 04:36 PM
    My understanding was that LightSquared has a specific problem because of the frequency they'll be operating their LTE network on, not that all LTE is incompatible with GPS. Am I incorrect?
    That was my understanding as well. LightSquared has an issue. Verizon's LTE has nothing to do with this (or the Droid Charge).

From LightSquared: GPS Industry
    09-21-2011 04:40 PM
    That was my understanding as well. LightSquared has an issue. Verizon's LTE has nothing to do with this (or the Droid Charge).

From LightSquared: GPS Industry
    Thirded
    09-21-2011 06:31 PM
    Sorry to bump this, but I tried using the FasterFix Program, and have had little luck with this. Is there a way to do this manually without purchasing Root Explorer? Also, what server should I set in fasterfix? I have been using supl.google.com
    10-17-2011 03:23 PM
    ES File Explorer will do this if you are rooted. You have to remember to mount the system r/w in the options. Holding down the star gets you to the root directory.

ES File Explorer is free in the market place.
    Midnight_Ninja likes this.
    10-17-2011 05:19 PM
    Thanks! I will try it out once I can unplug my phone
    10-17-2011 05:24 PM
    None of this crap worked for me.

I got so sick of dealing with the SLOW SLOW SLOW GPS of this phone I flashed a stock EE4 ROM (unrooted) back onto my phone in order to sell it.

Lo' and behold, my phone locks onto GPS within 10 seconds every time now without fail. I'm using the same GPS settings (everything but standalone turned off) as I did before.
    10-18-2011 02:04 PM
    Sorry to bump this, but I tried using the FasterFix Program, and have had little luck with this. Is there a way to do this manually without purchasing Root Explorer? Also, what server should I set in fasterfix? I have been using supl.google.com
    Your server should be set to either us.pool.ntp.org or northamerica.pool.ntp.org (might be namerica)
    10-18-2011 03:53 PM
    None of this crap worked for me.

I got so sick of dealing with the SLOW SLOW SLOW GPS of this phone I flashed a stock EE4 ROM (unrooted) back onto my phone in order to sell it.

Lo' and behold, my phone locks onto GPS within 10 seconds every time now without fail. I'm using the same GPS settings (everything but standalone turned off) as I did before.
    I always have all three location services activated and get GPS locks within 10 seconds. This is because all three use different sources to identify your location. So using all three gives me my best results.
    10-18-2011 03:54 PM
    Your server should be set to either us.pool.ntp.org or northamerica.pool.ntp.org (might be namerica)
    Hmm...when I tried using the stock setting for north america--I think that's the one you referred to , it gave me a horrible accuracy rate-I got a radius of 3400 meters. On a droid incredible( completely stock) in the same place, it was about 5 meters. When I changed it to supl.google.com, I got the accuracy to be around 20 m.
    10-18-2011 04:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD