GPS Fix (revised)

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on here talked about using the app called GPS Status? Opening this app first and doing a compass calibration can often result in better lock times if your unrooted GPS seems "broken".

Droid Charge - Tapatalk

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
swenpro, I tried that first, but had very little luck. Lock times decreased a little, but still took minutes to lock on. There's another one called GPS Lock that is suppose to decrease your lock time by locking on to satellites frequently, but still, no luck.

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I was sucessful at manually changing the etc file but have wiped my phone and Im attempting to do the same thing but everytime I click on the file provided by the op I am directed to a site containing the commands rather than the file...pls help me locate and save the file to my sd card once again PLEASE and thank you!

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I was sucessful at manually changing the etc file but have wiped my phone and Im attempting to do the same thing but everytime I click on the file provided by the op I am directed to a site containing the commands rather than the file...pls help me locate and save the file to my sd card once again PLEASE and thank you!

As Halo posted earlier in the thread:

Open it with Dolphin Browser. Then I go to More > Save Page > Save As: gps.conf

Reactions: ups2525

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump this, but I tried using the FasterFix Program, and have had little luck with this. Is there a way to do this manually without purchasing Root Explorer? Also, what server should I set in fasterfix? I have been using supl.google.com

tefca

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
ES File Explorer will do this if you are rooted. You have to remember to mount the system r/w in the options. Holding down the star gets you to the root directory.

ES File Explorer is free in the market place.

Reactions: Midnight_Ninja

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
None of this crap worked for me.

I got so sick of dealing with the SLOW SLOW SLOW GPS of this phone I flashed a stock EE4 ROM (unrooted) back onto my phone in order to sell it.

Lo' and behold, my phone locks onto GPS within 10 seconds every time now without fail. I'm using the same GPS settings (everything but standalone turned off) as I did before.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump this, but I tried using the FasterFix Program, and have had little luck with this. Is there a way to do this manually without purchasing Root Explorer? Also, what server should I set in fasterfix? I have been using supl.google.com

Your server should be set to either us.pool.ntp.org or northamerica.pool.ntp.org (might be namerica)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
None of this crap worked for me.

I got so sick of dealing with the SLOW SLOW SLOW GPS of this phone I flashed a stock EE4 ROM (unrooted) back onto my phone in order to sell it.

Lo' and behold, my phone locks onto GPS within 10 seconds every time now without fail. I'm using the same GPS settings (everything but standalone turned off) as I did before.

I always have all three location services activated and get GPS locks within 10 seconds. This is because all three use different sources to identify your location. So using all three gives me my best results.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Your server should be set to either us.pool.ntp.org or northamerica.pool.ntp.org (might be namerica)

Hmm...when I tried using the stock setting for north america--I think that's the one you referred to , it gave me a horrible accuracy rate-I got a radius of 3400 meters. On a droid incredible( completely stock) in the same place, it was about 5 meters. When I changed it to supl.google.com, I got the accuracy to be around 20 m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz