Silence ringer during incoming call

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
When I get an incoming call, I am not able to silence the ringer. I have options to answer call, reject call or "reject with new message". I click the volume rocker but this does not turn off the ringer. So, does anyone know how to turn off the ringer during an incoming call?

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
i silence mine all the time... alot of the times "reject with a message" doesnt appear

when my screen is locked the 3 puzzle pieces show up with mute icon, answer, and reject
when my screen is unlocked i get 3 buttons answer, mute ,and reject

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i silence mine all the time... alot of the times "reject with a message" doesnt appear

This is true. Sometimes I don't see the "reject with a message" option in which cases I am able to silence with the volume rocker. So what determines when I see the "reject with a message" option and when I don't.

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thats a good question. i am here at work dialing my phone over in different screens and situations trying to get the "reject with a message" and it wont pop up

Kopter

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I simply press the lock screen/power button (thanks Delco714 :) nice!) (right side phone). The call continues to 'ring' but is silent.

This works for me when the phone is both locked and unlocked.

When the phone is locked; as an aside, I do get the 'message' puzzle piece.

Last edited:

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
go to your setting and change your lockscreen from slide glass to slide puzzle. then you will have the option. to silence your phone from the screen.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This works, thanks! Wonder why the sliding glass option would not allow for silencing.

I dont have any problems at all with silentin my Charge. i just use the volume rocker to bring volume up or down to nothing,, try using the DSP app thats on the GBE gummy.. you can increase or select small speakers room or what floats the boat or even use a mp3 as a ringtone and make it ring as you please,
there is a equalizer that is user friendly...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88