I recently had to get a factory replacement for my Charge due to the volume button stopped working. (don't worry it wasn't due to normal use.....someone who didn't like me at a party dunked my phone in water while i was sleeping! surprised that's all that didn't work....)
    My phone isn't rooted (yet!)

However I have several apps I would like to transfer over to the new phone. I have tried several programs as well as transfered as many apps as possible over to the SD card. however for some reason the new phone doesn't see any of the saved applications. Does anyone know of a good app to use? (unrooted)
    09-29-2011 01:45 PM
    I recently had to get a factory replacement for my Charge due to the volume button stopped working. (don't worry it wasn't due to normal use.....someone who didn't like me at a party dunked my phone in water while i was sleeping! surprised that's all that didn't work....)

However I have several apps I would like to transfer over to the new phone. I have tried several programs as well as transfered as many apps as possible over to the SD card. however for some reason the new phone doesn't see any of the saved applications. Does anyone know of a good app to use? (unrooted)
    Are they apps you purchased in the Market? All you need to do in this case is sign in with the new handset and all pre purchased apps will load on the new handset. Free apps if you didn't keep a list of them will have to be hunted down and reloaded one by one.
    09-29-2011 02:21 PM
    Are they apps you purchased in the Market?
    I mean they were all free apps cept for maybe one. I found an app just 10 min ago that is able to transfer the apps over now called specifically "App Backup& Restore" by INFOLIFE. However i would like to transfer all the progress on my games as well. This program will transfer the games themselves over but with none of the previous saved progress.
    09-29-2011 02:26 PM

There are a few options. I think your best bet would be to use my backup pro which is available in the android market. Make sure you use the same google account on youre new phone. Also paid apps downloaded from the market always come as purchased so you can always re download from android market on your other phone.
    09-29-2011 02:30 PM
    There are a few options. I think your best bet would be to use my backup pro which is available in the android market. Make sure you use the same google account on youre new phone. Also paid apps downloaded from the market always come as purchased so you can always re download from android market on your other phone.
    anyone know of a way to transfer over game saves as well?
    09-30-2011 08:04 AM
    mybackup Pro will save both the game and the data.
    09-30-2011 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD