Is there a way to turn off the 4g and use 3g instead? I'm thinking of trading in my thunderbolt for this phone but I wanted to make sure there was a way to do this first. I don't mind 4g, but I can't make it through a 12 hour day of work. With the Thunderbolt I had to turn the 3g off. I know the battery life is better on this phone though, so I could be wrong...
    10-01-2011 12:21 PM
    yes you can by going into settings--> wireless and security--->mobile data---> system selection and choose CDMA only

The battery life is better on the Charge as compared to the TB (actually A LOT of things are better) so you may want to see how it goes before you turn it off completely. My daughter has the TB and I have to deal with the issues with it so I do speak from some experience , not just making statements there without any knowledge
    10-01-2011 12:27 PM
    I use the LTE switch app ... makes it super easy to turn 4g off/on.
    lekvermont likes this.
    10-01-2011 03:06 PM
    I had a problem with that one and there is a thread on it over at XDA I think. At one point it would not turn data back on no matter what. Had to do a FR to get it back. of course YMMV
    10-01-2011 04:16 PM
    I use the LTE switch app ... makes it super easy to turn 4g off/on.
    Link.... Is it free?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    10-01-2011 04:20 PM
    Link.... Is it free?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Link???????? It's a free app in the market. Why does everyone constantly ask for links, especially for things that are extremely easy to find?
    10-01-2011 06:35 PM
    Could always just set the mobile network to CDMA Only and it would only use the 3G connection.

Settings ->Wireless & Network ->Mobile Networks ->System Selection .. choose CDMA Mode
    10-01-2011 07:11 PM
    juice defender is very good at cutting off 4G when not needed.... also helps save me on my data useage...
    10-03-2011 01:14 PM
    The free version of Juice Defender will turn off 4g? Is there a setting? I am getting ready to purchase Juice Defender. I have been running it for a week and like what it does....

Jim
    10-06-2011 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD