I am trying to use tether my WIFI only XOOM to my samsung charge. I place the xoom into airplane mode, turn on blutooth, pair the devices, but no matter what i do - i get a message on the xoom that they are paired but not connected. Can anyone tell me how to get them connected? what i am really after is to be able to use my phone (via blutooth) to provide an internet connection to the WIFI only XOOM.

I know that this can be done with other android phones because i have seen posts about this, but i cannot get it to work for me - they pair but do not connect.

Can anyone help??
    10-04-2011 09:07 AM
    I don't think the charge can tether via bluetooth. My old blackberry 8330 used to (and I did it all the time on my laptop) but since I got the charge there was never an option to share internet connection via bluetooth.
    10-04-2011 10:06 AM
    You should be able to turn your Charge into a Hotspot and use wifi, that's what I do with my iPad. There's a thread a page or so back on how without rooting.
    10-05-2011 01:30 AM
    First, do not use airplane mode. Second, make sure you're paying Verizon for Mobile Hotspot service. Third, turn on your mobile hot spot through Settings - Wireless & Network - Mobile Hotspot. You'll now have a WiFi connection that can be used by any device. Your password will be your mobile phone number.

There are ways to cheat Verizon in order to get free Mobile Hotspot; Google to find those if you want.
    10-05-2011 08:37 AM
    First, do not use airplane mode. Second, make sure you're paying Verizon for Mobile Hotspot service. Third, turn on your mobile hot spot through Settings - Wireless & Network - Mobile Hotspot. You'll now have a WiFi connection that can be used by any device. Your password will be your mobile phone number.

There are ways to cheat Verizon in order to get free Mobile Hotspot; Google to find those if you want.
    pdanet tablet works for me using bluetooth.
    10-05-2011 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD