Verizon upgrading question..

Gravytrain

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get an early upgrade from verizon without paying full price? I know there are tips and tricks out there but I dont think I'm in far enough to have those apply to me, maybe I'm wrong..? I'm only about 5 months into my contract.

4given_p8ntblr

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, since they have thrown early upgrade for the primary account holder at 12 months (for a 2 year contract) out the window, I'm not so sure if they'd honor that. It really matters how long of a loyal customer you have been. I have been with VZW since 2002 so they do a lot for me. I get the most help with the Phone Customer Service Reps. The store ones just try to lie to you and sell you addon's you don't need.

I would just recommend calling them and letting them know what you want and see what they can do.

Verizon Customer Service
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(800) 922-0204
Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You have the option of adding a line, finding a dumb phone to convert, and using the new added line to get a new phone. My total bill (for my wife's phone and mine) is now about $5 a month more than I used to pay, though I have 750 shared minutes per month as opposed to 900 under the old plan.

You want to find a dumb phone to convert because that way you aren't paying data plan for two phones.

jco23

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
it really depends on why you want to upgrade and from what kind of phone. if you are coming from a non-smartphone, then they'll probably bend over backwards for you. if you already have one, then they'll force the full price on you.

here's a tip I used when I was in a similar situation - ask them how much it costs to terminate your contract. it will probably be $375 pro-rated, so about $300 after 5 months. then, if the cost of the new phone you want is free or $300 less than the full upgrade price, terminate your contract, then sign a new one. tell them that is your plan, then they might let you slide.

good luck.

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get an early upgrade from verizon without paying full price? I know there are tips and tricks out there but I dont think I'm in far enough to have those apply to me, maybe I'm wrong..? I'm only about 5 months into my contract.

This is completely out of left field but had to ask after seeing your name. War gravy is that you lol?
No worries if you don't know what that meant then your not the same guy. ;)

denpad2010

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did and really I wasn't looking for this so I was surprised lol....
when thunderbolt came out I called customer service and ask for information about the tbolt.....in that time I had like 8 months with verizon maunder less....well she have me they info...and I asked for an upgrade of course I did not qualify so asked for the full price was like 600 I said damn too much money...and I showed my desire to get it but that really was too expensive, so the woman told me "my supervisor told me we can make an exception with you and you qualify fire an early upgrade in 3 lines..i have 5 lines and 3 olders than others,i never expected that so I said wow really and immediately applied for one line....and then eventually I did with three other 2 lines :) I don't even had a year just around 7-8 months with verizon.....and I already have data in st least one line....well hope this help you...sorry for my english

Enviado desde mi SCH-I510 usando Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have one open line available on my family plan. If I buy the phone I want using the open line can I switch it to the number of my current phone I want to replace? Then buy a cheap non data phone on ebay and put that on the new line of service? It would cost me $10 per month, but cheaper than retail over the long haul.