Will my Unlimited status be affected?

Bowlegz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about selling my charge to help offset the cost of the Prime when it comes out. My problem is that if I activate my old Dinc which I keep as a backup,hench no more 4Gservice will VZW still honor my unlimited plan or will they try to change me to that tiered data crap?

ITGuru48051

May 20, 2011
Visit site
from what I understand you are grandfathered in and they cant take away your unlimited plan. I would call your rep just to make sure though

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm hearing, as long as you are going to another smartphone and not a feature-phone, you will keep your unlimited data plan. It applies both to 3G and 4G phones. Feature phones also had the option for the $29.99 unlimited data package, but it coded differently in Verizon's system than the $29.99 package for smartphones. That's why some customers were confused and upset when they got the $29.99 package for their flip phone hoping to be grandfathered and when they went to a smartphone, they had to get a new, tiered data package.

I do know that if you move from a 4G to a 3G phone, the LTE sim card in the 4G phone will be deactivated and never work again. When you move to another 4G phone again such as a Bionic, you need to get a new sim card. Its inconvenient but I hear corporate stores will give you a free sim card.

If you go from a 4G to another 4G phone, you can keep the same LTE sim card.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm hearing, as long as you are going to another smartphone and not a feature-phone, you will keep your unlimited data plan. It applies both to 3G and 4G phones. Feature phones also had the option for the $29.99 unlimited data package, but it coded differently in Verizon's system than the $29.99 package for smartphones. That's why some customers were confused and upset when they got the $29.99 package for their flip phone hoping to be grandfathered and when they went to a smartphone, they had to get a new, tiered data package.

I do know that if you move from a 4G to a 3G phone, the LTE sim card in the 4G phone will be deactivated and never work again. When you move to another 4G phone again such as a Bionic, you need to get a new sim card. Its inconvenient but I hear corporate stores will give you a free sim card.

If you go from a 4G to another 4G phone, you can keep the same LTE sim card.

When i recieved my Droid Charge i ask the store manager could verizon make me use a tiered program and he said as long as i stayed with a smart phone i would always be an unlimited customer..
To back that up i called verizon and they told me the same story,, so in fact the story gos like this,,if you are on an unlimited package you will always be on a unlimited package as long as you stick with a smartphone, rather upgrading to a new smart phone or down grading to a smart phone it didnt make any difference as long as I used a smart phone i will always be Unlimited..

Reactions: lv2bsilly

Bowlegz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When i recieved my Droid Charge i ask the store manager could verizon make me use a tiered program and he said as long as i stayed with a smart phone i would always be an unlimited customer..
To back that up i called verizon and they told me the same story,, so in fact the story gos like this,,if you are on an unlimited package you will always be on a unlimited package as long as you stick with a smartphone, rather upgrading to a new smart phone or down grading to a smart phone it didnt make any difference as long as I used a smart phone i will always be Unlimited..

Thanks everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678