My GPS starts quickly all of a sudden

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why but the settings are GPS on-- vzw location services on, standalone GPS services on
Google location services off.. What seems to be new is that whenever I unlock the phone , the gps symbol blinks for a little while..

I also have an ap called wheres my droid-- That has the ability to find the phone through a text
if the GPS is on.. Perhaps it is running something in the background that helps.. It is not supposed to be able to turn on the GPS..

All I know is that suddenly I am getting lock in about 10 seconds.. Go figure

Something is causing the GPS to search often..

Zzeyfzz

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I never use my gps because it takes forever. I read this and tried it out. I have no extra services and it took about 5 seconds to lock in. I don't know why it improved though.

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My phone from day one has worked like a champ, less than 10 seconds to get a lock using gps. I use the "navigate to" more than I thought. I considered myself lucky for having the gps in my charge working the way it does after reading all of the posts of others who did not have my same results that I have had.

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Eh, tried it again when I was outside of my apartment. It didn't work at all. It figures.

Give it a try somewhere else.. Do you live in an urban area where buildings may be blocking the gps signal ?? Just a guess.

I have no idea why I am getting the quick lock this way but I am.. It is acurate enough for navigation

Last edited:

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why but the settings are GPS on-- vzw location services on, standalone GPS services on
Google location services off.. What seems to be new is that whenever I unlock the phone , the gps symbol blinks for a little while..

I also have an ap called wheres my droid-- That has the ability to find the phone through a text
if the GPS is on.. Perhaps it is running something in the background that helps.. It is not supposed to be able to turn on the GPS..

All I know is that suddenly I am getting lock in about 10 seconds.. Go figure

Something is causing the GPS to search often..

Very interesting observation... I tried doing as you suggested, opened GMaps, and the lock was INSTANT. Inside a house. No Wifi on. Would be nice if this keeps up!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12