Screen turns off when on the phone

xaerospace

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

So the droid appears to have an auto-off feature on the screen. When you move it up to your ear, the screen turns off. When you pull it down, say to check on something, the screen turns back on. My big issue with this is that when I slide down the status, to click back on the phone call, the screen turns off. Pisses me off beyond belief.

Is there anyway to turn this feature off? I would rather have the screen on all the freaking time while on a call, then for this auto sensing crap that doesn't really work.

Thanks,

gattaka451

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with that sensor with my Trident case. Somehow the builtin screen protector wouldn't even let the screen turn back on after taking it away from my ear. Let's just say I got very annoyed and ripped the case and broke a couple things to relieve some stress.

Pacho_99

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a refurbished Droid Charge over Black Friday weekend and while it didn' t do this at first - it now does it regularly.

I have found, however, that if I hit the volume rocker button, the screen comes back on and allows me to end the call. I hope it works that way for you.