Does anyone have a line on a widget or app to work with GB 2.3.5 that would give me free hot spot access? I was using Harld Muller's Hotspot Widget but when I switched to GB it quit working as it only supports 2.2 .
    10-17-2011 06:53 PM
    Me too! Does anyone know how to fix this?
    12-03-2011 02:02 PM
    Is it possible Verizon figured out how to prevent these programs from working?
    12-03-2011 02:29 PM
    I've got a feeling this will be a problem for a lot of us.

Think I will wait before I ok the udate to GB...
    At least till someone can get the hotspot to work again.

Jeff STL
    12-03-2011 04:19 PM
    Note in SVTP's Wifi Hotspot app description says, "Check back Dec 7 for news on latest Gingerbread 2.3 update." Could be a possible update coming?
    barrycinti likes this.
    12-03-2011 10:16 PM
    Note in SVTP's Wifi Hotspot app description says, "Check back Dec 7 for news on latest Gingerbread 2.3 update." Could be a possible update coming?
    What or who is SVTP? Is this available in the market?
    THX
    OOPS! I found it in the market.
    12-04-2011 09:08 AM
    Is it possible Verizon figured out how to prevent these programs from working?
    FWIW
    If I use blutooth DUN on my laptop and PDANETon my charge I get an internet connection. It is not perfect, sometimes I have click on stop then refresh in the browser. On my galaxy tab 10 I have to disconnect then reconnect to get things to work again.

Here is a theory I have. Could it be in the GB update VZ added code so it checks for activity on the USB and on the bluetooth connectiuon? If it does then a script could be killing the process(es) for bluetooth and USB activity. Just a thought.
    12-04-2011 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD