So I flashed back to stock...wow, should have never rooted.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Dumped my voodoo lagfix, rooted, stock ROM in favor of stock unrooted EE4. Loaded all my favorite apps back on.

Wow, what a difference!

-Battery life has improved dramatically. I'm talking 20-30% improvement if not more.
-GPS locks on in 10 seconds or less, something it never could do before
-everything seems less glitchy, smoother, and maybe just a bit slower, but not laggy

The only reason I rooted in the first place was to enjoy free tethering. Found out afterwards rooting wasn't necessary to do that LOL. Oh well!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How did you flash back to stock? Did you walkthrough this?

I've been considering going back to stock as well. Just want to do it the right way... Thanks!

Forget about flashing the ED2 file then letting your phone OTA up to EE4. The stock EE4 file is available. Just download this file, extract the .tar.md5 file with winrar or 7zip, then flash the .tar.md5 file in the PDA section of ODIN:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

If you flashed a voodoo kernel or otherwise converted your phone to EXT4, then at the same time you flash the above file, also flash this file in the PIT section of ODIN and make sure the re-partition box (look all the way to the left of the start button) is checked:

charge.pit

Reactions: thegargeman

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you get free tethering unrooted? Also flashed back to stock after many reboots and battery pulls. Reminded me of my blackberry days lol !

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to see all of this. I had been considering flashing one of the ROMs but have never found one that appears bug-free. Stock on this phone is not bug-free, but it is stable, and that is important to me. My main gripe is the constant data circus, 4G, 3G, 1x, no data! 4G, 3G, 1x, no data! It's like playing musical chairs. Which data plan will I see when I pick up my phone next? Oh, and a few dropped calls in the last week. Ouch. Otherwise, it's a decent phone as stock. I am enjoying GO Launcher EX right now, as it does improve the aesthetics a bit over TouchWiz 3.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I know I will sound like anidiot....but what is EE4 people always metnion? And you dont need to be rooted to run it?

gattaka451

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I rooted to get rid of VZW's bloatware that ran in the background and took up space. I don't worry about my battery dying and so far it lasts from the time I get up around 7am until I go to bed at midnight. Good enough for me.

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about going back to stock too, but I just don't feel like going through the trouble of wiping my phone and reinstalling all the applications and data.

Last edited:

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am on latest GB leak and would never go back to stock, I am getting 32+ hours with the extended battery

bicycle019

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using GB FE 2.0 for the past several weeks without any issues, and it's been a noticeable improvement over stock. Stock was nothing great, as the same issues with data drop out, poor phone call quality along with random drops were just par for the course. Sucks that I had to go to the "aftermarket" to make my phone better, but I'm happier for having done so.

gsimmons2005

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I really hope you are kidding, stock ee4 SUX! GPS is slow, phone is laggy, 4g never works. I flashed the stock debloated EP3H on my phone and its perfect. NO issues at all, reception is 10X better, phone is snappy as can be and it is rooted! It is stock so no roms and it just works

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I really hope you are kidding, stock ee4 SUX! GPS is slow, phone is laggy, 4g never works.
Bullhockey. I run stock ee4 and have none of the problems you cite other than occasional lag, but I can deal with that. It just works, without voiding warranties and without fuss.

squane123

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I Believe I presently have the EG2 build. I have been having issues for quite some time and would like to know what I should do. Do I stick with it or is there something much better? I really do not want the bloatware. I used Odin to put the EG2 on and it was so long ago that I really haven't the slightest idea what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been stock since day 1 and I can't complain of battery life or speed. Check this out... It seems to keep getting faster.. Does that make sense? Additionally when in range of 4g, it connects and works perfectly, even when I'm constantly shutting it off and on. I will be picking up the razr, but have to admit I'll miss touchwiz and this phone in general minus the gps (one fault in complete stock of this phone)

elkniwcire

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I also recently switched back to stock on my Charge and feel it is the way to go. Rooting is fun and all but it always leaves something broken. Even if most things work well, as soon as something goes wrong I immediately think it could be because of the rom.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kiit408

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This is probably the only phone in which I will have to say stock is best and I have been through a lot of phones and hacks lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk