My dad, brother and I got charges in august (online). When we went to the VZ store, we got 3 silicone high-gloss (thicker) cases from there and a 3-pack of screen protectors. I managed to get my protector on without getting any dust under it and havent taken it off yet (my brother and dad failed badly at this so I don't want to screw myself over). I left for college in Sept and stopped using the case, as it is horribly thick and pulls out my pocket when I take the phone out of it.

Is a case and protector necessary on this thing? This is my first Android and i'm coming from a blackberry 8330 which I dropped many times (cracked the plastic case and popped the trackball out), but that was when I was immature. The screen protector gets all blue and purple in sunlight because I can't wipe fingerprints off easily. I am just afraid I will scratch the screen; I have a few scratches on the protector just from my jeans so far.
    10-18-2011 05:20 PM
    I use a shell/holster combo from Qmadix that protects it very well. The shell does not add too much to the overall thickness of the phone. I do not use a screen protector at all because the gorilla glass is very durable and scratch resistant. I just carry a microfiber cloth with me to occasionally wipe the screen clear of smudges.
    10-18-2011 06:11 PM
    Just wondering but do you know what type of screen protector it is? Because I have a Clear Shield (The one at Best Buy), and I can wipe smudges off fairly easily,
    10-18-2011 10:06 PM
    You will hear lots of conflicting reports concerning Gorilla Glass. Some say the screen on this phone will not scratch, others claim many scratches, probably due to a car key or other object harder than the glass itself.

I have tried a number of screen protectors over several phones, and I have to say I am most satisfied with this one I settled on for the Charge: http://www.amazon.com/SGP-Samsung-Pr...cUvbUpU1346453 3 months later my screen looks like new, and the quality of the SAMOLED+ is not compromised. Most people would not know there is a protector on it.

I have never used a case for any of my cell phones, but then again, I do not have a habit of dropping them either. When the Verizon guy tried to sell me a case for me new phone, I pulled my 2-year-old Samsung Omnia out of my pocket, which was in mint condition, and said, 'Does it look like I need a case for my phone'. He didn't know what to say!
    10-18-2011 10:34 PM
    I'm rockin the Otterbox which slides in and out of my pocket fine because the outer part is hard. It's kind of a pain to put on but once you do it a few times you get the hang of it. Definitely saved my phone!
    10-25-2011 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD