11-27-2011 03:58 PM
32 12
tools
    I have a feeling that they are going to release ICS on the charge, the question really now becomes, when will they release it. I remember reading somewhere that Verizon will support/update their phones for 18 months. So I have a feeling that if we dont see GB before the end of the year, we are getting ICS.
    This was posted back in May from Google I/O, so it may not include the Charge which was released on April 28th not long before.

Google promises Android updates will get better, new devices will get updates for 18 months (update: partners still figuring out how it'll work) | The Verge
    Google's formed a committee of Android OEMs and carriers to improve how and when Android updates are distributed to customers. And it's a pretty impressive committee: the founding members are Verizon, HTC, Samsung, Sprint, Sony Ericsson, LG, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Motorola, and AT&T. The group's first move is to promise that that new Android devices from these partners will receive updates for 18 months after launch, pending hardware support...
    But if some kind developer wants to tackle the task instead, it looks to be possible.
    Ice Cream Sandwich ported to a Galaxy S II... and the people rejoice (update: LG Optimus 3D too!) -- Engadget
    11-18-2011 08:19 PM
    No it was a mouse click error. Be careful when picking the correct spelling from the list, it can dramatically change the meaning of a sentence. IE, don't misspell Warehouse and pick the wrong word.
    who gives a crap about correct spelling.. i mean crap men.. if ya wanna harp about politically correct awareness do it in some english literate class. I'm here to read about a phone and some jerk points out someones misspelled word etc.. ..take yer english literate respond team and find another hole to climb in,, this is android central the place people come to in hopes of learning about their phones. Not a literature class.
    11-25-2011 07:59 PM
    ..take yer english literate respond team and find another hole to climb in,, this is android central the place people come to in hopes of learning about their phones. Not a literature class.
    I'm in no way a literary cop, you must be referring to arctic388
    11-25-2011 10:21 PM
    who gives a crap about correct spelling.. i mean crap men.. if ya wanna harp about politically correct awareness do it in some english literate class. I'm here to read about a phone and some jerk points out someones misspelled word etc.. ..take yer english literate respond team and find another hole to climb in,, this is android central the place people come to in hopes of learning about their phones. Not a literature class.
    Yes this is Android Central where people come to learn about their phones, but this is straight from the forum rules by which every member is expected to abide:

Use Proper Grammar & Spelling - Tiping lyk thz iz n0t kewl.

No one was harping about politically correct awareness in any of the posts in this thread. Political correctness has nothing to do with spelling and grammar. Several things I need to point out here: 1) Whenever you write about English as in the English language, you need to capitalize the e in English; 2) There is no such thing as English literate class, it is English literature class a) Literate means one can read, illiterate means one cannot read b) English literature class deals with learning, understanding, and appreciating written words as in books, short stories, novels, not spelling and grammar; 3) You unnecessarily injected yourself into a playful banter between two members which did not concern you. One AC member made a possible grammatical error when writing correspondence to a company, another AC member playfully pointed out the error, and the original AC member responded with a humorous post about choosing the wrong word from the possible word choice list. Not only did you inject your opinion into a harmless conversation that did not involve you, you broke another AC forum rule when you referred to the second AC member as a jerk. This was uncalled for and unnecessary.

English is our native language and it is how we all effectively communicate our ideas and thoughts to other people. It has eroded to the point where teachers are now not taking points off student papers for spelling and grammar errors as long as the basic idea is understood. Unfortunately while the basic idea may be understood by the teacher, it may not be understood by all. And the students whose spelling and grammar are not corrected will find that communicating with others once he or she is an adult much more difficult, and will not be adequately prepared to succeed in the real world.

And while I'm at it, let me correct your response for you:

Who gives a crap about correct spelling? I mean crap men. If you want to harp about politically correct awareness, do it in some English literature class. I'm here to read about a phone and some jerk points out someone's misspelled word etc. Take your English grammar response team and find another hole to climb in. This is android central. The place people come to in hopes of learning about their phones, not a literature class.

Here endeth the lesson.
    mkoronka and vi3tboiii54 like this.
    11-26-2011 03:01 AM
    Are ya'll really going to start this "English Literature" stuff here? I mean, Come on people. This is a place to talk (and maybe brag some) about our awesome phones.
    11-26-2011 10:31 AM
    Lets be nice guys.

sent from my Droid Charge via Tapatalk
    11-26-2011 01:43 PM
    What I really wish is that we could drop TouchWiz & just upgrade the phone to vanilla ICS. I don't hate TouchWiz but I could certainly live without it if it meant getting ICS early. I don't use the stock launcher anyway - I use Go Launcher
    11-27-2011 03:58 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD