Oh my beautiful screen.

I have noticed shadow or imprints of the puzzle unlock key and the "Verizon Wireless" on the upper right of the screen when viewing or playing games on my Droid Charge.

I believe that this is caused by the Stay Awake app that keeps the screen on when DC is plugged in for charging. At night before I retire for the evening, I plug in my phone to charge overnight. I manually turn off the screen. When the phone is fully charged, the screen turns on to notify me but by that time I'm deep in my slumber so the screen will stay on until i wake and unplug the phone from the charger.

The ghose image is very light but I do see it. It is barely noticeable when watching netflix or viewing images.

I'm afraid that the image is burnt onto the screen permanently just like the old rear projection screens when leaving a static image on too long.

Drats. (slapping myself a couple of times)
    10-25-2011 05:15 PM
    That happened to my wife's Fascinate. The docking station app displayed a clock with white numbers on a dark blue border. It caused burn-in pretty quickly, but Verizon replaced it without any problem. (They told me it wasn't normal.) You may want to ask for a replacement, then turn the brightness way down before charging it at night.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD