I have recently noticed "burn-in" image on my Charge's screen. I believe it's because of the stay awake app i've been using. At night before I go to sleep, I plug in the Charge overnight. I do turn off the screen manually but when full charge is reached the screen turns on to notify me but I will not wake for several more hours. In the meantime the screen will remain on with the puzzle unlock screen on.

The puzzle is now burned onto my screen and some words like verizon wireless on the top right and the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen. Is this considered a defect? I didn't think these screens were susceptible to burn in issues.

I purchased my Charge at Costco. Will A Verizon store exchange or will i have to go to Costco for an exchange.
    11-04-2011 12:26 PM
    I have recently noticed "burn-in" image on my Charge's screen. I believe it's because of the stay awake app i've been using. At night before I go to sleep, I plug in the Charge overnight. I do turn off the screen manually but when full charge is reached the screen turns on to notify me but I will not wake for several more hours. In the meantime the screen will remain on with the puzzle unlock screen on.

The puzzle is now burned onto my screen and some words like verizon wireless on the top right and the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen. Is this considered a defect? I didn't think these screens were susceptible to burn in issues.

I purchased my Charge at Costco. Will A Verizon store exchange or will i have to go to Costco for an exchange.
    For some reason super amoled screens, get burn in if left on all the time. Go to where you have insurance. Don't tell them you left it on, Just tell them it has a screen defect. Hope that helps.
    11-05-2011 02:57 AM
    You can turn the full battery popup off as well as other annoying features of the phone.

Dialing Code String for DROID CHARGE and FASCINATE - Android Forums

It has made my Charge just a little more tolerable.
    Good luck on getting another phone.
    11-05-2011 09:21 AM
    You can turn the full battery popup off as well as other annoying features of the phone.

Dialing Code String for DROID CHARGE and FASCINATE - Android Forums

It has made my Charge just a little more tolerable.
    Good luck on getting another phone.
    What's the point in that? On my charge the screen goes to sleep even when the full battery pop up come's on.
    11-05-2011 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD