Also my gf and I got in a argument about the droid charge redrawing issue, I know I posted about the redraw but I wanted everyone to read this and tell me what they think. She claims that it is because I use it all the time, adding apps, browsing the internet, root and stuff. She has the droid charge and claims to not have that problem. She refuses to believe that android has software problems. She says its all the user, that we are all using our phones to much. lol What kind of crap is that? Its called a smart phone for a reason. I guess I'm not supposed to download any apps just use it for phone calls and pretend I have a flip phone. To me a smart phone is supposed to be a mini computer, do what I tell it to do. Not have lag, not have redraw, not force close all the time, data drop outs. Its supposed to do all of that and do it fast and smooth. She talk's to me about this as if she has more knowledge of phones than I do, I basically study this stuff. What do you guys think?
    11-05-2011 02:26 AM
    If you think the phone will run flawlessly you live in a make believe world. It is a mini computer but it can act up. You need to care for it like a computer. There are some apps that can cause it to lag. You need to clean out the cache. Delete cookies. In order for it to run well you have to maintain it.

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-05-2011 02:53 AM
    i was wondering if it has anything to do with it taking longer to retrieve the apps from the sd card? I think when i moved everything is when i started having issues.. Maybe i got a slower sd card?
    11-05-2011 03:36 AM
    I tend to agree with post nr 2, but after a week with the Charge, I am starting to get upset with the data drops. Like I just looked at my Battery Indicator Pro app under battery use details, time since I unplugged it from the charger is 21:58, time without signal 11%. Really irritating as I have been trying to do things in the browser. Also the battery has gone from 100% to 94% in that time 22 min approx.
    11-05-2011 03:37 AM
    I don't know if the original poster puts apps on the sd card but that would slow things down. With the amount of internal storage they build into the higher end devices there's no need for apps-to-sd.
    11-05-2011 04:32 AM
    If you think the phone will run flawlessly you live in a make believe world. It is a mini computer but it can act up. You need to care for it like a computer. There are some apps that can cause it to lag. You need to clean out the cache. Delete cookies. In order for it to run well you have to maintain it.

And the Thunder rolls!
    I understand It's not going to run perfect,just saying I should be able to do stuff as advertised. Ya know like 4g, or download apps.I do take care of it clear cache, clear cookies etc. In fact I just did a factory reset. Still I get redraws, its the charge I'm telling you guys. I had the Samsung fascinate and it didn't have this problem, and I used it just the same downloading apps and everything. Sure the SF had it's on set of problems but redraw wasn't one of them. I have pretty much no apps saved to sd so that is not the problem. I've only had android with skins and bloatware on them. The galaxy nexus will be my first pure android phone, let's hope since the software will be from google that it will be more polished.
    11-05-2011 05:48 AM
    I've never formatted my sd card,and after installing all kinds of crazy stuff. So i'm sure there is all kinds of app data on there and stuff, you guys think that would have anything to do with it?
    11-05-2011 06:38 AM
    What do you guys think?

11-05-2011 12:01 PM
    I tend to agree with post nr 2, but after a week with the Charge, I am starting to get upset with the data drops. Like I just looked at my Battery Indicator Pro app under battery use details, time since I unplugged it from the charger is 21:58, time without signal 11%. Really irritating as I have been trying to do things in the browser. Also the battery has gone from 100% to 94% in that time 22 min approx.
    How did you calculate "time without signal?" is that somewhere on the phone I can check?
    11-05-2011 01:44 PM
    How did you calculate "time without signal?" is that somewhere on the phone I can check?
    Battery Indicator Pro app
    11-05-2011 02:21 PM
    No need to download an app. Just go to settings > about phone > battery use > click on Cell standby and you'll see your Time Without Signal there.

Sent from my IHO OV using Tapatalk.
    11-05-2011 02:26 PM

lol how true. I think this is always my problem with women. I have to be right.
    11-05-2011 05:34 PM
    Also my gf and I got in a argument about the droid charge...
    and they say romance is dead....
    11-10-2011 01:56 PM
    I had a stock charge, had bad redraw
    11-11-2011 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD