11-14-2011 04:03 PM
31 12
tools
    Yeah, I'm bummed about it too. I wanted to and still want to love the Charge. (Still love the screen!) I've never experienced a bug-free smartphone either...but nothing has come remotely close to this.

A key point to mention -- for the OP (and, really that's what this thread is about, right?). You noted you rooted/custom rom'd. I didn't do that. Neither will the OP, from what I can tell:

So, while your experience with stock FroYo was a brief transitory moment, for me and for most people who buy the phone, this thing is buggy as heck. If what you're saying is: Don't buy the charge unless you plan to root....what you're really saying to the OP (and to most people) is that they shouldn't buy the Charge. I know I wouldn't, had I to do it all over again.

So I think the answer to the OP is: Unless you plan to root/rom (or VZ/Samsung release a bug-free update before you buy), I would avoid this phone. Wait and get the Razr or the Galaxy Nexus.

(Why wouldn't you, if you were him?)
    As I've pointed out, there is an unofficial firmware leak out. You can flash this via a program named Odin. You don't have to root your phone or anything. You can install it and be just as stock as you are with Froyo.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2011 05:57 PM
    Don't get the charge.
    Love it but hate it!!

11-09-2011 08:59 PM
    As I've pointed out, there is an unofficial firmware leak out. You can flash this via a program named Odin. You don't have to root your phone or anything. You can install it and be just as stock as you are with Froyo.

Hey, if they release an official firmware version for the Charge that fixes most of the bugs, I'm all for reconsidering this phone. Hope they do it soon.
    11-10-2011 03:03 AM
    Just plugged in my Charge for the first time after flashing Humble 5.0. Keep in mind that I haven't even fully calibrated it yet!

11-10-2011 06:05 AM
    I love mine. No complaints. So far my favorite phone I have owned to date.
    11-14-2011 12:11 PM
    I love mine. No complaints. So far my favorite phone I have owned to date.
    yup, agreed and now that i rooted it with 2.3.6, its even better!
    shastrich2005 likes this.
    11-14-2011 04:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD