No Internal Storage?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I got this Charge from this seller on ebay, and he told me it wouldnt come with the SD card. Im assuming thats why I got it so cheap since I think it was like a 32GB card. So it came with No SD attatched.

So Im assuming theres not enough memory itself to save anything on the phone like pictures or anything? It wont even let me take a picture without an SD card. Ill go get one, its not a big deal but every other Samsung phone Ive had, always had like 16G of onboard memory and I wouldnt even need an added SD card. Its new to me, but can someone please confirm its like that? Thanks guys

Nick

jco23

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
interesting - I bought my Charge CPO, and came with a 16GB card.

I suppose I could try removing the card and see if it will let me take any pictures. However, I did briefly search on the phone to see if there was a setting of where to save the pictures too (card vs. phone), but could not find one.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. I just got a cheap little 4GB card and everything is fine. But the phone doesnt have an internal SD card. So media cant be saved on the phone without an external SD. Its kind of crappy because Samsung is known for having there phones installed with like 16GB SD cards internal and a spot for external. But seeing as the phone came with a 32GB card, I can see why they didnt add an external slot.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Having come from a Palm Pre+ which had no card slot at all, I'm at least glad for a card. But the benefit to removable storage is that it should be...um....removeable. Having to pop the battery cover kinda makes it less removable. However, Samsung isnt alone in this little oversight.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Having come from a Palm Pre+ which had no card slot at all, I'm at least glad for a card. But the benefit to removable storage is that it should be...um....removeable. Having to pop the battery cover kinda makes it less removable. However, Samsung isnt alone in this little oversight.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I can agree with you on that. But also, I am thankful that its just that and I dont have to remove the actual battery. BlackBerrys are like that. Plus when your somewhat of an Android Expert with things, you tend to always get 2 batteries for every phone you get. Especially with this LTE network lol

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. I just got a cheap little 4GB card and everything is fine. But the phone doesnt have an internal SD card. So media cant be saved on the phone without an external SD. Its kind of crappy because Samsung is known for having there phones installed with like 16GB SD cards internal and a spot for external. But seeing as the phone came with a 32GB card, I can see why they didnt add an external slot.

i've had a Droid Charge for a few months now and i do have a 32gb 4x sd card.. although when i go to manage apps it gives me the opertunity to save to sd card or phone.. so far i have about everything one might want and have failed to send anything to the sd card.. so there must be some internal memory..

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i've had a Droid Charge for a few months now and i do have a 32gb 4x sd card.. although when i go to manage apps it gives me the opertunity to save to sd card or phone.. so far i have about everything one might want and have failed to send anything to the sd card.. so there must be some internal memory..

Yes. There is internal storage for apps. I believe its 1GB. But Media itself you cant save to the phone. Like pictures and videos. Some apps that require an SD card wont work either like Evernote.