Hello,

I called Verizon's Warranty division to get a replacement for my Droid Charge.

Verizon will honor the warranty:

My issue is "burned in images" on my screen.

Concern:

The replacement i will be receiving is a "Certified Like New" replacement. I was hesitant about this thinking that this was a pre-owned damaged and refurbish replacement.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to clarify what they meant by "Certified Like New"

The Supervisor reassured me that the products are actually new but cannot be considered brand new after 30 days. These are units that were set aside for replacement purposes. These products have never been rebuilt, refurbished, nor are pre-owned devices.

So, in this case, I agreed for them to ship me a replacement. I have 5 days to inspect the phone before I either return it or send my old phone back and keep the replacement.

Anyone ever get a replacement like above?
    11-15-2011 03:53 PM
    Yeah, I have had 2 "Certified Like New" Replacements. Other than 3g data drops and my notifications not working the phones are in brand new condition. I inspected all of mine that came in , and it should even have all the protective stickers still on it as mine did.
    11-15-2011 06:11 PM
    Hello,

I called Verizon's Warranty division to get a replacement for my Droid Charge.

Verizon will honor the warranty:

My issue is "burned in images" on my screen.

Concern:

The replacement i will be receiving is a "Certified Like New" replacement. I was hesitant about this thinking that this was a pre-owned damaged and refurbish replacement.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to clarify what they meant by "Certified Like New"

The Supervisor reassured me that the products are actually new but cannot be considered brand new after 30 days. These are units that were set aside for replacement purposes. These products have never been rebuilt, refurbished, nor are pre-owned devices.

So, in this case, I agreed for them to ship me a replacement. I have 5 days to inspect the phone before I either return it or send my old phone back and keep the replacement.

Anyone ever get a replacement like above?
    Not to worry you but I had 7 "Certified Like New" replacement fascinates and they all had screen issues with burn in or green screen or grainy screen. I've had 3 droid charges. I dropped my first one and it was brand new.I picked it up and noticed there was a scratch on the screen. I tried to ignore it, but it bugged the crap out of me so I got a CLN replacement. So the first replacement came with scratches on the screen and a dead pixel. So called Verizon and they sent me another one, that one was even worse than the first,it had scratches all over. So not wanting to go through the 7 replacement bull crap I called Samsung. I explained to them what Verizon was doing and they told me to send them the phone, that they would fix it as a warranty replacement. So I sent them the one that had a dead pixel because it had less scratches on the screen than the third one. The one Samsung sent back was perfect like a brand new device, no scratches or dead pixels. So that's my story hope you don't have to go through that.Good luck.
    11-15-2011 06:48 PM
    I have a question or two::
    these phs that drop calls.. wont work right etc... were any of you by chance running a rom and found these actions to be outta the ordinary or was you running straight stock?? if ya had made any changes at all and maybe forced some app that wasnt supposed to work with your charges and then had all the problems you all are chattering about.. welp like all the devs etc say they are not responsible if you try out any changes and it messes up your phone..

so far after almost 6 months i have had no problems with my Charge other than trying Samsungs Media Hub... now theres a sorry app. Once you buy any movie and its DL'ed to the phone you are stuck with a PVY extension that freezes the HDMI from allowing you to view it on a monitor or a TV..
    11-18-2011 01:21 AM
    to answer the OP question, I got a CPO device, and I'm really enjoying it (stock). my only concern is the HDMI out blocked.

Samsung Media Hub, Netflix, Blockbuster, and NFL Network all block HDMI Out content. there is an app that can unblock it, but that app is just for Motorolas.

the WatchESPN app and Android Market Videos are NOT blocked.

but of course, this has zero to do with CPO.
    11-18-2011 09:02 AM
    I've used the HDMI out for Netflix a few times, always worked for me.
    11-18-2011 12:39 PM
    I have a question or two::
    these phs that drop calls.. wont work right etc... were any of you by chance running a rom and found these actions to be outta the ordinary or was you running straight stock?? if ya had made any changes at all and maybe forced some app that wasnt supposed to work with your charges and then had all the problems you all are chattering about.. welp like all the devs etc say they are not responsible if you try out any changes and it messes up your phone..

so far after almost 6 months i have had no problems with my Charge other than trying Samsungs Media Hub... now theres a sorry app. Once you buy any movie and its DL'ed to the phone you are stuck with a PVY extension that freezes the HDMI from allowing you to view it on a monitor or a TV..
    Mine has nothing custom on it. GPS is frequently, but not always, slow. 4G/3G regularly decide to not work. Phone randomly decides to close browser and reboot-seems worse if watching video. Still a cool phone, but not as cool as it would be if it actually worked all the time.
    11-19-2011 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD