View Poll Results: Keep the CLN Droid Charge or Return

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep

6 85.71%
  • Return

1 14.29%
    Should I keep my original Brand New ?
    Should I trade with the Certified Like New (CLN) Droid?

I'm a little apprehensive about trading my current phone to the "CLN" after reading many reviews and experiences with the CLNs.

when I spoke with the Verizon Supervisor, I was told that these are not pre-owned phones. Then I read that these are pre-owned refurbished phones. Which is it?

I'm beginning to think that maybe i should just put up with the slight burn-in images on my screen and send the CLN replacement back.

I've read several Droid Charge owners on the 5th or 6th CLN.

I have no other issues with my original. Everything works.
    11-16-2011 02:06 PM
    If your screen is burned in, I would definitely trade for another phone. Whether it is reconditioned or not it will be better than what you have (imo). I assume a warranty will remain in place with this CLN unit. ...Unless they offer you a choice of any new phone in the store, I would accept their offer....Just my 2 cents..
    11-16-2011 02:21 PM
    Did the CLN phone come in a retail box? If so, it might be new, even if the box is marked CLNR. On other phones, there's a code you can type into the dialer to access some menus. I don't remember exactly where it is, but if it really is a refurb, there's a string in there that'll include the letters CLNR, if not, it's a new phone. It'd be a shame to send back what's actually a new phone.
    11-17-2011 01:36 AM
    just inspect the replacement very carefully. if anything is not 100% have them send another to replace it.
    11-17-2011 11:33 AM
    I got one of the certified preowned ones. Most of them as I understand it are 15 day returns. Someone just didn't like it.
    My only beef was finding out I could have gotten a NEW one at Costco cheaper. It wasn't worth the hassle or the restock fee though.

The phone works great.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 01:27 AM
    Take the CLN, when/ if you find an issue, no matter how small it is return it and get another, by your third CLN Device they (Verizon) are very willing to work with you to get into a new phone. (Have to speak with a supervisor at this point) The regular guys no longer have the ability to get you something new. GL
    11-20-2011 06:24 AM
    Thanks for your responses.

I returned my original today after playing with the CLN for a few days. All is good with the CLN. I have no complaints. Everything works. Basically I received a good replacement.

11-23-2011 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD