Incoming text message problem

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
For the past few months, I've had an intermittent issue not receiving some text messages. About 95% of the time I receive the texts but every now and then one will not come thru. I've noticed this with two of my contacts and both are on Verizon, same network as me. Anyone else experience this issue? Thoughts?

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
For the past few months, I've had an intermittent issue not receiving some text messages. About 95% of the time I receive the texts but every now and then one will not come thru. I've noticed this with two of my contacts and both are on Verizon, same network as me. Anyone else experience this issue? Thoughts?

I personally do not like the text message system. Verizon way over charges for it, so I use Google Talk most of the time. I have been the person who will get text messages a day or so after sending, but I also live in a remote area. If you can get these people to run google talk with you that may prove to be more reliable assuming they have smart phones.

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

twitter @kraisydave

Android, Tech, HDR Photos

Everyone deserves to get the best out of their phone!

thunderballs

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem. i use noled for notification and sometimes i get a light for a text but nothing there. check with the people i have been texting and sure enough i have missed one. verizon has no clue. i spent hours on the phone with them and nothing. sucks

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem. i use noled for notification and sometimes i get a light for a text but nothing there. check with the people i have been texting and sure enough i have missed one. verizon has no clue. i spent hours on the phone with them and nothing. sucks

I, too, use noled and that is exactly what happens to me. I get the noled light flash but then I check and there is no text. Then when I check back w/folks I have been texting, I have missed one.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems like no carrier can get it all put together. I used to have a Nextel phone back when it was all the rage. I got away from Nextel and went to Sprint for better service, then Sprint bought Nextel and thought, "great, I'm basically with the same company I just tried to get away from." Then I switched to verizon because they have the best coverage. But now I have problems with receiving MMS, and while I may always be able to place and receive phone calls, the quality may not be the greatest. I could switch to Sprint, but I have a friend who has a Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and I get strong 4G signal where he gets none. AT&T, well............I'm just going to stop right there. US Cellular seems to be doing a great job of building up their network and growing from a regional carrier into a major carrier, but they don't get the best phones yet. *Sigh*

Last edited: