So my Charge has been acting up on me the last few days; not sure what is causing these issues. 95% of the time, everything functions fine... then out of nowhere, it'll just lock on a screen... or lock on the black screen. Once in a while, it'll sit for 30-120 seconds and then cycle through the buttons that I pushed in the meantime and go back to operating normally, but most of the time it simply won't unlock itself unless I hold the power button to restart the phone.

I have never rooted this phone, on stock EE4. Is anyone else running into these issues, or know of any solutions to these problems? I don't know if there's a reset that I could try, or if this thing is just going to take a dump on me in the next couple of weeks. As of now, I've only restarted and/or pulled the battery to fire it back up.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks.
    11-29-2011 10:58 AM
    This exact same thing has been happening to me. I'm sorry to here about it for you, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    11-29-2011 12:49 PM
    I live in a really weak signal area, so mine does these behaviors when the phone is busy trying to download or stream something, while I want to surf the web. Not much of an answer, just my experience with the problem.
    11-29-2011 12:52 PM
    This exact same thing has been happening to me. I'm sorry to here about it for you, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    mine too! how do you like your fire by the way?
    11-29-2011 01:42 PM
    Has this been just a recent occurance for you guys? Mine seems to be doing it regardless of signal strength. It's as if it just ran out of memory and takes an excessive amount of time to run whatever task I'm trying to do... if it decides to run it at all.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a new app update that is causing all of this. Mine just started doing this on Sunday.
    11-29-2011 01:47 PM
    Mine has been doing this since before Sunday. I never really thought about it having to do anything with the signal, but I have been losing 3G and even 1x a lot in my area where my brother's iPhone always has 3G. This happened a few months ago, and I took it in to the local VZW to complain about it (the first time I brought it in to complain about something besides the battery). They ended up giving me a new SIM card (which came with another free month of CityID, which was nice), but the problem has been getting worse again over the past few weeks. I sure hope this so-called "OTA Gingerbread update" that was supposed to come today fixes it.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I brought the phone into the VZW store to see about fixing the dropping data, not the locking up problem... yet
    11-29-2011 02:12 PM
    Mine Locks up randomly also. Stock EE4 also. no rhyme or reason for it..
    11-29-2011 06:53 PM
    The official gb ota update is supposed to be here today. This may be a fix for you guys hopefully.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    11-29-2011 07:38 PM
    Mine has been doing this also last week or so, usually takes a battery pull to fix.
    11-29-2011 08:28 PM
    Mine has been doing this for about two weeks. very annoying
    11-30-2011 05:04 PM
    Are you guys using tapatalk when this occurs? I typically am, or its running in the background. I've had it lock up twice today, both tines I was able to react quickly and get task manager up.... both times tapatalk was showing 85-95% CPU usage!
    11-30-2011 05:17 PM
    So my Charge has been acting up on me the last few days; not sure what is causing these issues. 95% of the time, everything functions fine... then out of nowhere, it'll just lock on a screen... or lock on the black screen. Once in a while, it'll sit for 30-120 seconds and then cycle through the buttons that I pushed in the meantime and go back to operating normally, but most of the time it simply won't unlock itself unless I hold the power button to restart the phone.

I have never rooted this phone, on stock EE4. Is anyone else running into these issues, or know of any solutions to these problems? I don't know if there's a reset that I could try, or if this thing is just going to take a dump on me in the next couple of weeks. As of now, I've only restarted and/or pulled the battery to fire it back up.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks.
    I have had this happen to and found no rhyme or reason for it. Just FYI when you phone does completely lock up and doesn't come back after about 30 seconds or so, instead of pulling the battery you can do a soft reset by holding the power and volume up buttons until you see the samsung logo flash on the screen.
    GramieDroid likes this.
    11-30-2011 05:42 PM
    reset regardless situation = holds the power button 8 sec or longer
    12-01-2011 02:35 AM
    My twitter app causes this sometimes. If I hold down the home key a few seconds to pop up the task manager I can kill twitter and everything returns to normal.
    12-01-2011 03:28 PM
    It's the recent jelly bean update that 's causing the problem I have a
    sony Xperia t and it's ever since I updated to jelly bean this has been
    Going on my phone is Three months I can't afford to get a new phone it's also the networks job to sort this out I'm on 3g UK and it looks like they are not going to do anything unlike O2 who are not happy and sorting it out them Self
    02-25-2013 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD