12-12-2011 01:35 AM
170 12345 ...
tools
    Everyone please pay attention to this post from davey11. It has some good info to let you all know what kind of a timetable we are looking at for the OTA:

Got this from a post on xda:

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the soak period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 25 minutes depending on network conditions."

Looks like the majority will get it later in the week.
    Verizon sends out the OTA to a small group first to make sure it is working and there are no problems. Once they are satisfied there are no problems, they will start rolling it out in batches to everyone else. So if everything goes well with the initial test, the roll outs should start Thursday or Friday and continue from there. VZW support also tweeted it may take up to 30 days to get the OTA to everyone. So the major OTA push has not even begun yet.
    11-30-2011 11:59 PM
    I'm in raleigh nc and no update for me. Its now 11:48 pm.
    kinda looks like NC and TN are outta the race ..lol
    12-01-2011 12:02 AM
    I don't have it yet either. I hate waiting! Wisconsin.
    12-01-2011 01:25 AM
    kinda looks like NC and TN are outta the race ..lol
    Yep. Lol
    12-01-2011 01:43 AM
    Itis now 11pm in Sacramento, Ca. I still haven't received my update.
    12-01-2011 01:43 AM
    I don't have it yet either. I hate waiting! Wisconsin.
    Itis now 11pm in Sacramento, Ca. I still haven't received my update.
    Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Midnight Eastern time on Friday 12/2 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.
    12-01-2011 02:08 AM
    peeps only read what they want to believe..
    12-01-2011 02:30 AM
    Up to 30 days to get the push out to everyone?! That royally sucks! Doesn't Verizon just put the file on their website to download and update manually? I am in Cleveland, Ohio and still have not received the OTA. Also, I have seen several people ask what the new color scheme is but no one seems to reply or they reply with a cryptic response like stuff we have seen before. What are the actual colors?
    12-01-2011 03:03 AM
    I haven't gotten it either. In South Carolina.
    12-01-2011 05:46 AM
    I was lucky enough to get the update. If there is a new color scheme, I cannot find it. The pull down thing (with the on/off buttons for WiFi/bluetooth/ data/etc.) now has a dark gray background with green icons when on, and light gray when off. (I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to get that from my phone to my computer. I was hoping for some sort of all encompassing scheme that changed all the menu backgrounds from browns and yellows, but if that is a capability, I have not found it yet. In all, the phone seems to work a bit better; the response times are quicker. But the visual bells and whistles don't seem to have changed very much. Has anyone else been able to find goodies with this update that I haven't?
    12-01-2011 06:13 AM
    Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Noon Eastern time on Thursday 12/1 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.
    I read it, I think everyone is just excited. Also some people got it already. I'm sure from seeing your post most of us will get it today and friday.
    12-01-2011 06:50 AM
    I'm in raleigh nc and no update for me. Its now 11:48 pm.
    Whats up partner? Im out here in Fuquay Varina. You near downtown Raleigh?
    12-01-2011 07:10 AM
    Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Noon Eastern time on Thursday 12/1 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.
    isnt 11:59 PM one min b4 midnight Thursday night ,not noon
    bafrench likes this.
    12-01-2011 07:55 AM
    Whats up partner? Im out here in Fuquay Varina. You near downtown Raleigh?
    I actually live in wake forest. Weird to be so close to someone on here, its a small world.
    12-01-2011 08:02 AM
    So I wonder. Are they pushing by location or by phone id?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 09:21 AM
    isnt 11:59 PM one min b4 midnight Thursday night ,not noon
    You're right. My bad. Was doing too many things at once & was also frustrated that no one seemed to be paying attention to the fact that the large majority of us would not be receiving the OTA yesterday. Post fixed. Thank you for pointing that out

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 10:54 AM
    Anyone have any idea if we would be so lucky as to have the "Camera flash/phone shut off" issue or the WiFi connectivity issues corrected? I know some said it was probably a hardware or possibly a battery issue... My 'ol lady is about to throw her phone off the bridge because she can't take pics and it's just overall a horrible phone. Mine isn't too bad but it's DEF not great. My old EVO blows this thing away and I'm hoping this update helps speed things up!!
    12-01-2011 11:24 AM
    Guess I was one of the lucky ones and one of the first. I got mine Tuesday morning with no problems or issues in the download and install. I didn't realize they had just started the roll-out.
    12-01-2011 11:42 AM
    Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Midnight Eastern time on Friday 12/2 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.
    Thanks Shark,

I read you post after I posted.
    12-01-2011 01:20 PM
    Sorry LandShark: I just couldn't contain myself! Hehe this is the most exciting thing for the Charge since it came out. I do appreciate all your tips!
    12-01-2011 03:22 PM
    It seems patience isn't one of human nature's stronger attributes.
    12-01-2011 04:23 PM
    I have not received the update yet here in Mesa, AZ but I never knew anything about it until I was reading here a few days ago...no biggie. The extra wait time for them to work out any kinks will be just fine with me, lol. I'm off to go lurk on some more threads now, I may have a question or two by the end of this visit to ACF. Thanks for all the info everyone
    12-01-2011 05:44 PM
    Guess I was one of the lucky ones and one of the first. I got mine Tuesday morning with no problems or issues in the download and install. I didn't realize they had just started the roll-out.
    Can you please post screenshots showing GB on your phone.

Thanks
    12-01-2011 06:15 PM
    I was lucky enough to get the update. If there is a new color scheme, I cannot find it. The pull down thing (with the on/off buttons for WiFi/bluetooth/ data/etc.) now has a dark gray background with green icons when on, and light gray when off. (I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to get that from my phone to my computer. I was hoping for some sort of all encompassing scheme that changed all the menu backgrounds from browns and yellows, but if that is a capability, I have not found it yet. In all, the phone seems to work a bit better; the response times are quicker. But the visual bells and whistles don't seem to have changed very much. Has anyone else been able to find goodies with this update that I haven't?
    Apparently the "new color scheme" is simply that. The quick panel in the dropdown menu is now gray background with the green icons instead of the brown background with yellow icons if I remember correctly. As long as there were no problems encountered, we should start to see the rollout occur around midnight Eastern time. Which would probably mean we will start to see the OTA some time tomorrow unless you want to stay up late tonight. I know the OTA will be pushed out in batches, I just don't know what ordering system they use. I've seen it posted they will start with the East coast, then southeast, then midwest........you get the idea. But regardless, the majority of us should be seeing it in the next few days. I will continue to be splitting my time between the Charge and Fascinate forums since lucky for me, verizon decided to push the GB OTAs for both phones at the same time. But if I'm around and can help or answer questions, I will. And once everyone who wants it gets the OTA, then we can all start chatting in giddy anticipation of the custom ROMs the devs will be able to produce with his OTA and the source which was released last week. Happy Gingerbread all!!!
    GramieDroid and Jhett like this.
    12-01-2011 06:40 PM
    Quadrant, gentlemen?

Very interested in seeing whether "enhanced RFS" can hold a candle to EXT4 on this thing.
    12-01-2011 07:01 PM
170 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD